Any Weihrauch users?

wildfowler.250

I’ve an old 77k,(probably could do with a service actually if anyone can recommend anywhere?).

My real question is that I’ve noted Weihrauch have a silencer for the underleaver that you can buy. Will this make any real difference? I know pcps are silent but will it make the underleaver noticeably quieter when I fire it?

thanks!

It will take a lot of the air blast noise away, but I'd say that 75% of the noise you hear is the action working, especially as it's right next to your head. 

A good tune, would take a fair bit of the twang out and make it a lot less noticeable to you and what ever your shooting at, but you'll never get it as quiet as a PCP. 

Yeah it will work great.  People seem to get confused by springers and silencers .the air blast out the end of the barrel is basically the same from a pcp and springer .a moderator quietens it down .

The spring noise you hear  is really only heard when you have your head on the stock .or your close to the gun .walk 5 yds away and you hardly hear the action just the muzzle noise .

1 hour ago, London Best said:

I know moderators quieten any airgun somewhat, but I always have to laugh at them being fitted at all to guns which don’t actually make a ‘bang’ anyway.

PS.    I do have air rifles!    23 of them actually, and not a silencer in sight.

Or quarry. :)

I think all moderators on guns deaden the sound at distance, it might not sound much quieter close to, but when it's fitted it wlll sound quieter, try it with or with out been fitted and stand some distance away, that's what I think, anyway just fit one if you want one, they look nice. Enjoy. 

10 hours ago, London Best said:

I know moderators quieten any airgun somewhat, but I always have to laugh at them being fitted at all to guns which don’t actually make a ‘bang’ anyway.

PS.    I do have air rifles!    23 of them actually, and not a silencer in sight.

Maybe your deaf  from the lack of silencers .🤣

15 hours ago, London Best said:

I recently bought a HW95k and fired it with the mod on and then removed and there was a very noticeable reduction when using the mod. 

• 3 weeks later...

funny thing i have two a hw95 and a hw80 and they do not have silencers.just not loud enough to warrant one.my tx200 hc does have one on as it is noisy.helps with muzzle flip too.as for noisy airguns i bet the likes of certain german pcp,s in our indoor range are at levels that will damage your hearing.more so when they are dry fired.

On 02/10/2023 at 07:20, London Best said:

23 .....wooowww.....bit of an overkill  there

3 minutes ago, ditchman said:

23 .....wooowww.....bit of an overkill  there

Yeah, I’ve cut down a bit!

I collect vintage BSA’s, the oldest being a first batch from 1905. Eleven of them are pre-war and seven from the 1950’s up to the youngest made in 1965. 
Then I have two Webley Mk3’s from the 1950’s. 
I have a Weihrauch HW35e from 1979 and my current vermin-basher    Venom HW77k from 1984.

Mmm? Maybe I only have 22 now? Will have to have a recount!

No! I remember, I sold an Anschutz.

1 minute ago, London Best said:

Yeah, I’ve cut down a bit!

I collect vintage BSA’s, the oldest being a first batch from 1905. Eleven of them are pre-war and seven from the 1950’s up to the youngest made in 1965. 
Then I have two Webley Mk3’s from the 1950’s. 
I have a Weihrauch HW35e from 1979 and my current vermin-basher    Venom HW77k from 1984.

Mmm? Maybe I only have 22 now? Will have to have a recount!

No! I remember, I sold an Anschutz.

ahhhh i understand now...........those older air rifles are very collectable......those old BSA's wernt they the go to weapon...for pub bell shooting..?