I like prawns....

harrycatcat1

The small frozen prawns are awful - they are like chewing gum that's been scraped off the road. Not being a environmetalist moaner but all prawns, large and small come from the Far East. Crevettes as per our French ex Euro friends are, on the other hand, fresh and delicious!Β 

2 minutes ago, CaptC said:

The small frozen prawns are awful - they are like chewing gum that's been scraped off the road. Not being a environmetalist moaner but all prawns, large and small come from the Far East. Crevettes as per our French ex Euro friends are, on the other hand, fresh and delicious!Β 

These were Malaysian prawns, M&S marinated (lathered) with garlic, lemon and parsley. I've had better to be honest.Β 

1 hour ago, old'un said:

Bit stingy with prawns and wheres the gravy. :)

πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

3 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

Just had Thai green curried prawns for ma tea. If I hadn’t ate the lot I would have posted it. The management does do a good curry!

πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

6 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

Think it was the same chef ( microwave operator ) who dished out the peas on yesterdays meal who made that effort.

πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

52 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

These were Malaysian prawns, M&S marinated

(lathered) with garlic, lemon and parsley. I've had better to be honest.Β 

πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

Did you wipe most of it off ?! Looks very dry πŸ™„πŸ€”πŸ€­πŸ˜πŸ€£

1 hour ago, CaptC said:

No they dont those in theΒ  photo look more like Norway Lobster tails rather than prawns and are caught by trawl or creel all around the Scottish coast.Β  Trawl mainly in the north sea but by both methods in Scottish west coast sea lochs.Β  Β Overcooking can ruin the taste and texture of shellfish so pick a tried and tested cooking time.

Β 

Blackpowder