ROLEX DATEJUST

DUNKS

A lovely 1991 Rolex Datejust. Hardly worn from new, this watch came out of someones  collection so has never been re polished or the strap adjusted. Keeps excellent time and comes with the two original boxes and some paperwork. I obviously cant post this so got to be a FTF. I can provide as many photos as is needed,

Price is a£4,500 Quite a few around at this price but hardly any in this condition.

Thanks for looking and no silly offers or swops please.

ROLEX 001.JPG

ROLEX 003.JPG

1 hour ago, DUNKS said:

A lovely 1991 Rolex Datejust. Hardly worn from new, this watch came out of someones  collection so has never been re polished or the strap adjusted. Keeps excellent time and comes with the two original boxes and some paperwork. I obviously cant post this so got to be a FTF. I can provide as many photos as is needed,

Price is a£4,500 Quite a few around at this price but hardly any in this condition.

ROLEX 001.JPG

ROLEX 003.JPG

Please provide further pics, close ups etc  thanks

32 minutes ago, benbobailey said:

Not for me it doesn't.  Only display is DUNKS.  Regardless  location is now disclosed for all.👍.

If you, or anyone is looking on your mobile phone, turn it sideways and ,,,,,,, 👍😃

Edited by JKD

Nice watch, I'm very tempted myself! Bit of advice though...

In many photos of paperwork or even of between the lugs on a used Rolex, companies will blur out, hide or cover, or etch out the middle few numbers in the photo. This is an unspoken rule among watch sellers – blocking the entire serial number keeps illegal replica watches from being made with real serial numbers.

Also, I doubt anyone with 2,000 posts on here would sell anything that was not 100%, we all know what one of these looks like and if it had any dings or scratches, I am sure the seller would have shown them.

Edited by ozalid

23 hours ago, DUNKS said:

I will but if the pics show the watch to be as perfect as I said do you really want it? Its a long drive.

Any prospective purchaser will need at least the following :

1. All parts internal and external original?

2. Any replacement or repair, rolex parts by rolex dealer?

3. Full link bracelet, spare links?

4. Service history proof and last service date, rolex dealer?

5. Model number and dial size?

6. Certificate of authenticity provided?

7. Box condition?

8. Which paperwork, tags etc?

9.  Inspection period for verification?

.......and the list goes on!

If the watch is being offered on a "sold as seen" basis then I am unwilling to purchase, particularly anywhere near  price requested. 

6 hours ago, ozalid said:

Nice watch, I'm very tempted myself! Bit of advice though...

In many photos of paperwork or even of between the lugs on a used Rolex, companies will blur out, hide or cover, or etch out the middle few numbers in the photo. This is an unspoken rule among watch sellers – blocking the entire serial number keeps illegal replica watches from being made with real serial numbers.

Also, I doubt anyone with 2,000 posts on here would sell anything that was not 100%, we all know what one of these looks like and if it had any dings or scratches, I am sure the seller would have shown them.

There has been no suggestions  whatsoever of anything being other than 100 %!. However buyer beware! Good luck if you purchase, you may be lucky.

PLEASE NOTE THIS WATCH IS NO LONGER FOR SALE  THANKS FOR LOOKING      Thank ben bob. You have just shot down any chance i have of selling the watch with your rubbish. Prospective buyers might even believe this ****. 99% of Rolex watches are sold in good faith without half of your requirements. Actually both boxes are as new. I do have accreditation and spare links. A full strip and innards verification would cost in the region of £5/6 hundred pounds. I have never seen this offered on a sale thread. It seems that from the start you have attempted to scupper the sale

I will take it off sale. The dealer I bought it from and who himself had the watch cleaned as it had stood not working for many years Has offered me very nearly my asking price. I just tried to get an extra few pounds.

HAPPY NOW?

On 10/10/2023 at 17:34, DUNKS said:

ROLEX 001.JPG

ROLEX 003.JPG

PLEASE NOTE THIS WATCH IS NO LONGER FOR SALE THANK YOU FOR LOOKING.

Edited by DUNKS

14 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

And this gentlemen is how to ruin someone’s sales thread.

Lets not do it again, if you have any questions or worries then pm the seller

I was interested in watch, anything I've posted doesn't prevent you or anyone else making an offer!

Do you buy cars, guns, dogs etc without asking pertinent  questions? 

It is a nice looking watch but so are many thousands of other rolex perpetual currently on sale. 

As I said earlier ,buyer beware.

14 hours ago, JKD said:

Yeah, well done @benbobailey 🙄

Don't you think it's permissible to ask questions prior to purchase?

Of course it is but sensible questions, how do you justify wanting to know if the innards of a watch are all Rolex? This test at an accredited Rolex watchmaker would cost more than the value of the watch! Feel free to post a link to a watch for sale with this paperwork.. .

21 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

Of course it is but sensible questions, how do you justify wanting to know if the innards of a watch are all Rolex? This test at an accredited Rolex watchmaker would cost more than the value of the watch! Feel free to post a link to a watch for sale with this paperwork.. .

It is justified by the purchasers wish to know if all parts are genuine. Would you buy a purdey with a baikal internal lockwork? Would you buy a range rover with an unknown Chinese transmission system? Would you just drive the car away without any knowledge or paperwork?

Every rolex I've purchased came with a guarantee and certificate of originality. 

I have no doubt about the quality of your watch, but without full disclosure of relevant information , I  personally would  not purchase. Others  may buy and good luck reaching your desired price.

I've travelled a lot(and I mean a lot) further than Yorkshire to make  a purchase , and of course there is always  registered, insured post.

Regards

3 hours ago, benbobailey said:

I was interested in watch, anything I've posted doesn't prevent you or anyone else making an offer!

Do you buy cars, guns, dogs etc without asking pertinent  questions? 

It is a nice looking watch but so are many thousands of other rolex perpetual currently on sale. 

As I said earlier ,buyer beware.

Don't you think it's permissible to ask questions prior to purchase?

IMO you are being very disruptive and a tad pedantic !!! All info that would be required by a potential purchaser could easily be done via PM's or emails or even phone calls.  You saying "Buyer beware" is definitely not cosher,,,, again IMO.

That is all I've got to say on the subject, except to DUNKS with very good luck with the sale 👍