OLD GIN TRAPS - FOR DISPLAY ONLY - £16.50 EACH COLLECTED OR POSTED (POSTAGE FREE)

enfieldspares

Three old rusty, working order so could be used for a "show and tell" gin traps. These a sold for display only as their use is illegal. Approximate jaw size in inches shown. Please advise the number, 1, 2, 3 as per the pictures for which you would like. Payment by bank transfer please.

ALL THREE FOR £40 COLLECTED OR POSTAGE (POSTAGE FREE)

GT1.JPG

GT2.JPG

GT3.JPG

Edited by enfieldspares

29 minutes ago, ditchman said:

the ones ive seen have been vapour blasted and the brass bits polished and polished with brown boot polish.................they are a facinating thing to collect

There is a pub up your way near Hunstanton called The Gin Trap , these would be ideal hanging up in the bar , maybe they have already got some , where at one time they were hanging up in every shed deep in the countryside , now they are a bit of a rarity and rarely seen .

GOOD LUCK with the sale , they will soon go    MM

8 minutes ago, marsh man said:

There is a pub up your way near Hunstanton called The Gin Trap , these would be ideal hanging up in the bar , maybe they have already got some , where at one time they were hanging up in every shed deep in the countryside , now they are a bit of a rarity and rarely seen .

The Gin trap is no more...its a arty farty eaterey................when i  used to go there it was a locals pub with about 500 gin traps ob the beams and walls the sizes went from one to catcha mouse (and that was tiddly small) to spiked mantraps

ALL GONE NOW

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

Still got a couple gathering dust and cobwebs in my shed John. Must have had them over 60 years, but now Ditchie has inspired me to clean them up. I don`t think that the wife would be too happy for them to hang in the house though:no:.

Good luck to Enfieldspares, I’m sure that the remaining ones will soon sell. 

OB

IMG_3869.JPG

Edited by Old Boggy

Trap #4 provisionally sold to AKKA. 

I'd take £40 posted (postage free) or collected on the three left which are trap 1, 2 and 3.

37 minutes ago, marsh man said:

There used to be a pub near where I live in Leicestershire...The Francis Arms at Stoney Stanton...that was stuffed with old air rifles hanging from the ceiling. They all were sold at auction and I bought a .177 BSA Club World War 1 era with its BSA target sights. My that was accurate and still accurate after the years of nicotine and tar were cleaned off it! A good rust preventive is nicotine mixed with tar!

12 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Trap #4 provisionally sold to AKKA. 

I'd take £40 posted (postage free) or collected on the three left which are trap 1, 2 and 3.

There used to be a pub near where I live in Leicestershire...The Francis Arms at Stoney Stanton...that was stuffed with old air rifles hanging from the ceiling. They all were sold at auction and I bought a .177 BSA Club World War 1 era with its BSA target sights. My that was accurate and still accurate after the years of nicotine and tar were cleaned off it! A good rust preventive is nicotine mixed with tar!

I wonder at the height of countryside pubs , and also some of the ones in town had serviceable hammer guns and other vintage firearms hanging up above the ole fireplaces and on the walls ? , 100s if not 1000s I would imagine .

I haven't smoked for around 40 years , maybe with the nicotine and tar inhaled is one of the reasons I haven't rusted Up :lol: 

20 hours ago, redial said:

I’ve seen the jaws welded in the open/set position on a porch wall. With the door bell mounted on the plate.

Makes you think twice before pushing the bell.

That would certainly discourage cold callers:whistling: