ditchman

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 24/10/2023 at 21:27, Mungler said:

I’d let the Israelis crack on - it’s been their invasion and their loss and who are we to tell them how to defend their country or seek their retribution.

As for this 1948 nonsense, that’s a dead generation ago. Who’s alive to remember that? Anyone here still want to wipe the Germans or the Argentinians off the face of the planet?

Stone Age nonsense.

What was the stat? 50% of the population of Gaza is under 18 years of age. I’m amazed.

It can’t be all that bad if people are happy to pop out a load of children into an area  where your close neighbours are caching weapons for terrorists or constantly launching rockets indiscriminately into the civilian population of a neighbouring country but from the local kids playground. 

I don’t think I’m explaining myself very well here; I’m not a Palestinian sympathiser, nor indeed an Israeli one. 
1948 may be nonsense to us, but it isn’t to the Palestinians, nor is any of the medieval history of this conflict. The medieval history is as pertinent to the indoctrinated minds of both sides as 1948, 1967 and 1972, and all the other times these Arab nations have passed on their hatred to the next generation. Life is brief enough as it is; it’s mind boggling really, how much of a hurry these lot are to make it even briefer! 🤷‍♂️
I agree, I too think the Israelis should crack on, and hopefully they’ll wipe each other out, then perhaps we could dispel with all this biblical nonsense and get on with destroying ourselves for reasons we can all understand, like greed and fear. 👍

18 minutes ago, Scully said:

I don’t think I’m explaining myself very well here; I’m not a Palestinian sympathiser, nor indeed an Israeli one. 
1948 may be nonsense to us, but it isn’t to the Palestinians, nor is any of the medieval history of this conflict. The medieval history is as pertinent to the indoctrinated minds of both sides as 1948, 1967 and 1972, and all the other times these Arab nations have passed on their hatred to the next generation. Life is brief enough as it is; it’s mind boggling really, how much of a hurry these lot are to make it even briefer! 🤷‍♂️
I agree, I too think the Israelis should crack on, and hopefully they’ll wipe each other out, then perhaps we could dispel with all this biblical nonsense and get on with destroying ourselves for reasons we can all understand, like greed and fear. 👍

Religious fundamentalism is at the heart of this, but what is religious fundamentalism? It’s one man’s random ideology / will against another and no one who hasn’t been brain washed in a madras seriously thinks there’s virgins or nirvana or whatever waiting for them. 

There’s an interesting panorama documentary on Sky catch up about a seemingly normal family from the states who went to join ISIS. Unexpectedly, it turns out that their desires weren’t based on pure religious intentions or ideology - the husband took a 14 year old slave wife or two and immediately behaved like a murderous barbarian on all accounts. All very religious, not. He was a scumbag and as too anyone who is capable of decapitating a baby with their own bare hands.

As I’ve said before, if we are being asking to pick a side, I’ll pick the side with a democracy and the less stone-age barbaric / likely to strap a suicide vest on and blow me up.

Edit

Religion has always bemused me. You look back in history at the Greek gods, the Roman gods, the Pharaohs, the Vikings and their Valhalla etc; the historical list of religions that have all shed huge quantities of blood and chased an ideology now lost in time is endless. They all couldn’t have been right and realistically none of them were even close to right.

Dawkins wrote about the Cambridge scientific discoveries of the 70s and 80s and how all the scientists celebrated what they thought would be the end of stone-age mythology, beliefs and religions with a new age of science and reason. Oh how we laugh now.

Edited by Mungler

1 minute ago, Mungler said:

As I’ve said before, if we are being asking to pick a side, I’ll pick the side with a democracy and the less stone-age barbaric / likely to strap a suicide vest on and blow me up.

Yep, totally agree, especially as I have two globe trotting kids out there.
I fear however, that the only thing to come out of this latest ‘spat’, will be displaced ‘stone-age barbarians’ all over the world, with a singular intent in mind. 
I sincerely hope I’m wrong. 

9 hours ago, Mungler said:

Ah, and here’s my weekly podcast list.

Best of the lot IMHO is the Weekly Sceptic with Nick Dixon and Toby Young.

IMG_5250.png

I dip in and out of some of those via YouTube.

All so bloody depressing though, trying to keep abreast of what's going on.

18 minutes ago, Scully said:

I fear however, that the only thing to come out of this latest ‘spat’, will be displaced ‘stone-age barbarians’ all over the world, with a singular intent in mind. 

An awful lot are being dispersed by rubber dinghies, I suspect.

13 hours ago, Mungler said:

Supporting the Palestinians is a ‘high status’ opinion. People adopt high status opinions to signal to the world that they are highly socially attuned and of a higher social status.

It means following the likes of Gary Lineker, rainbow flags, trans rights, backing the latest socially acceptable cause and so on. In the old days it was just woke virtue signalling.

There is nothing to it though. There’s no real principles or morality here; look how quickly the virtue signalling hypocritical footballers, pundits and media luvvies pitched up to Qatar to get their snouts in the trough. 

But yes there is a pervading ignorance; the best example was the chap with the ‘Queers support Palestine’ flag. 

Indeed the same lot who were out with their rainbow and trans flags are now happily backing a terrorist regime (and a religiously indoctrinated people) that are positively, absolutely and violently apposed to those causes. It’s a bizarre nonsense really. 

And in the background I’ve never met a hard lefty who will give a Jew an even break. The Labour party is a simmering cauldron of hidden anti semitism; they are all biting their lips hard and waiting for the next general election. Where did we think all those Momentum, Corbyn supporters and other lefty mouthpieces went? What about all the Labour councillors in those lovely multicultural boroughs and wards?

Jew hating is the last socially acceptable  form of racism by those who so loudly decry racism because it is considered to be high status to do so. 

Excellent post! Nail on head right there. 

50 minutes ago, Penelope said:

I dip in and out of some of those via YouTube.

All so bloody depressing though, trying to keep abreast of what's going on.

An awful lot are being dispersed by rubber dinghies, I suspect.

Give the Weekly Sceptic ago; I guarantee you won’t be disappointed. It’s informative and very witty; Nick Dixon is an ex comedian now social commentator who got cancelled for expressing a mildly right wing view. 

It’s another topic, but the death of comedy under the current regime of cultural Marxism in the media is a truly appalling and which is why there has been nothing funny or challenging coming out of the comedy industry for well over a decade. You look at the magnolia lefty comedians rolled out on the usual BBC and Channel 4 panel shows and sitcoms - that’s depressing. 

22 minutes ago, Mungler said:

It’s another topic, but the death of comedy under the current regime of cultural Marxism in the media is a truly appalling and which is why there has been nothing funny or challenging coming out of the comedy industry for well over a decade. You look at the magnolia lefty comedians rolled out on the usual BBC and Channel 4 panel shows and sitcoms - that’s depressing.

Thankyou - I thought it was just me.

3 hours ago, Mungler said:

Religious fundamentalism is at the heart of this, but what is religious fundamentalism? It’s one man’s random ideology / will against another and no one who hasn’t been brain washed in a madras seriously thinks there’s virgins or nirvana or whatever waiting for them. 

There’s an interesting panorama documentary on Sky catch up about a seemingly normal family from the states who went to join ISIS. Unexpectedly, it turns out that their desires weren’t based on pure religious intentions or ideology - the husband took a 14 year old slave wife or two and immediately behaved like a murderous barbarian on all accounts. All very religious, not. He was a scumbag and as too anyone who is capable of decapitating a baby with their own bare hands.

Edit

Religion has always bemused me. You look back in history at the Greek gods, the Roman gods, the Pharaohs, the Vikings and their Valhalla etc; the historical list of religions that have all shed huge quantities of blood and chased an ideology now lost in time is endless. They all couldn’t have been right and realistically none of them were even close to right.

Dawkins wrote about the Cambridge scientific discoveries of the 70s and 80s and how all the scientists celebrated what they thought would be the end of stone-age mythology, beliefs and religions with a new age of science and reason. Oh how we laugh now.

As Scully pointed out a few posts ago, the new religion/indoctrination is "saving the planet" under its many guises

35 minutes ago, islandgun said:

As Scully pointed out a few posts ago, the new religion/indoctrination is "saving the planet" under its many guises

That’s all under the wider ‘woke virtue signalling umbrella’ and how we saw Just Stop Oil protestors holding up the immigration bus going to the barge the other week.

It’s all impractical and unaffordable dreamy nonsense. One trick the Torys missed was instead of Rishi focusing on maths / algebra in the school curriculum, he should have made ‘economics’ a mandatory gcse subject.

The sooner everyone appreciates that everything but everything has to be paid for, the sooner we can pack in most of the current dreamy nonsense. Indeed, no one will support net zero if they actually began to properly understand what ’net zero’ means, will cost and will take out of their pockets.

The same goes for white privilege colonial reparations. And for the tax burden that comes with unbridled immigration (housing, benefits, schooling, nhs etc).

The next generation have their heads in the clouds; but like all hypocrites however, they won’t want to give up what they currently have and enjoy for their principles of the moment.   

2 hours ago, Mungler said:

Give the Weekly Sceptic ago; I guarantee you won’t be disappointed. It’s informative and very witty; Nick Dixon is an ex comedian now social commentator who got cancelled for expressing a mildly right wing view. 

And why a lot are now doing podcasts.

Comedy Unleashed - The Backyard - Cambridge Heath Road, Bethnal Green - Lots on YouTube.

Just now, Penelope said:

And why a lot are now doing podcasts.

Comedy Unleashed - The Backyard - Cambridge Heath Road, Bethnal Green - Lots on YouTube.

I went to see Leo Kearse there and am a fan of Dominic Frisby and Simon Evans. And that Nichols De Santos is funny and proper right of centre 😆

7 hours ago, Scully said:

I have no time for either side but fear your scenario. 👍

6 hours ago, Mungler said:

Yes indeed, the real problem for the UK is ‘displacement’ and how many will be on their way to Europe and then over the channel.  

This. ^^^^ together with the price tag. 

Edited by oowee