Hospital car parks

countryman

When I worked in the local big hospital from the early 90's into the early naughties I think I paid about 25 quid a month, came straight out of my salary. My daughter worked in the same hospital for a couple of years until recently leaving. She paid £60 per month straight out of salary. The car park was for staff and visitors, no designated staff parking.

Even back then I had shifts when I couldn't get parked easily.

Difficulty in parking for work is a frustration, but it's a different vexation when attending as a patient, especially if this results in one missing the appointment.

Countryman, I feel for you!

2 hours ago, Pushkin said:

Re Big Bob's point about Kirkcaldy Hospital (Victoria) Bob, are you aware of the large car park at the top of Whyteman's brae?  That is the turn down the junction where the ambulance service is stationed and just opposite them is the overspill car park for the Hospital. If you are mobile yourself and able to walk its quite a pleasant walk down that road and into the hospital itself.  Hope this is of help. Pushkin :good:

Cheers if i get stuck i will try there , my son has a ford ranger and often has to take his kids there and he parks round the back often gets a bigger space for the truck . 

After a bad night last friday i phoned nhs 111 and got a appointment at the vic for 06.30 Saturday morning and the car parks where still 1/2 full when i got out it was still early and the car par parks were filling up you often forget there on the go 24/7

Me and 2 sisters were called into hospital when our mam was dying.

We had been in there about 4 hours and I asked the nurse about parking as my ticket was almost up (before I got a blue badge) and she gave me a piece of paper to put on the dash that said “Any parking issues with this vehicle please. Contact ward whatever it was), this was when it had an attendant that went round checking vehicles.

When I was in hospital getting me leg lopped off it was at the end of Covid but they opened all the car parks so people could park for free

:shaun:

18 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

Don't the staff also park in the same carpark's if so that's why there is always cars there taking up a lot of places 

At our hospital the staff have to pay for parking too. As most cant afford the fees they clog up the surrounding streets which as the resident parking only restrictions are introduced they have to move a bit further out each time