FAC PCP easily adjustable power

Spurt

I've just got slots for .22 and/or .25 air rifle on my FAC.  

I want something short and light (Bullpup??) for use indoors on rats at sub 12ft/lbs then as quickly and easily as possible, be able to up the power to 30 or 40 ft/lbs for longer range rabbits outside. 

My question is what bullpup is most easily changed from low to high power and back again with the minimal of fussing with regulators, valves, hammer springs etc? 

Thanks in advance for any help or advice on this. 

only gun i can think of is the gunpower stealth in .22  or .25  as its power adjust has more adjustment  my .25 when i had it  at full power was 34.5 ft 1lbs  lowest setting was 8 ft1lbs if i remember  i now have it set at 44.5 ft1lbs but have not tested the lowest setting as i now have a regulator on it

I've just bumped my .22 FAC BTAS FX CYCLONE carbine for sale. It has a lever at the left side of the action that has three power settings, the lower is about 16 FTlb, middle about 18 and top power selection just over 26FTlb. It is seriously lightweight and has a shot count of forty while still on the regulator before dropping down, Anyone needing more shots than that on an outing is dreaming of a white Xmas reoccurring.

I'm visiting family Dec 24/25/26 and don't do online wi my - mobile so be patient if you want a reply - or respond today up to midnight. You have not disclosed your whereabouts.

Edited by Dave-G

On 22/12/2023 at 22:27, scarecrow243 said:

only gun i can think of is the gunpower stealth in .22  or .25  as its power adjust has more adjustment  my .25 when i had it  at full power was 34.5 ft 1lbs  lowest setting was 8 ft1lbs if i remember  i now have it set at 44.5 ft1lbs but have not tested the lowest setting as i now have a regulator on it

My mates is 500ftlb in 38&50 cal 😂 permanently connected to a bottle 

On 29/12/2023 at 13:08, scarecrow243 said:

because the law does not allow using air rifles to shoot deer no matter what calibre or power it is and they would not grant you a certificate for a 50 calibre air rifle to shoot rabbits

I've watched videos of folk using .30 cal to shoot rats, but it seems a bit pointless really, massive amounts of air and the pellets are ridiculously expensive. 

On 31/12/2023 at 09:44, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, i thought that Dave 🤔, seems quite a few members join but do not converse on posts or just wanting or selling shooting gear

Or maybe haven't got much to say ,that's just put my post count up to 96 in 20 yrs.

Edited by bigtone

56 minutes ago, bigtone said:

I think any replies would be a bit dated by now lol.

Not really it was only the 22nd of December,  and others will likely click on the thread looking for similar info.

The chap could well come back, or has looked without logging in. 

My answer would be he'd be better off with two rifles, something smaller for the rats then something geared up for FAC.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Not really it was only the 22nd of December,  and others will likely click on the thread looking for similar info.

The chap could well come back, or has looked without logging in. 

My answer would be he'd be better off with two rifles, something smaller for the rats then something geared up for FAC.

If you read the part l quoted you would see l was answering the previous post about it being my 95 th post in 20 years and not the original question.As an answer to the original question ld personaly forget FAC air and get a RF,keeping the sub 12 for when it's needed.

6 minutes ago, bigtone said:

Edited by bigtone