Thermal monocular spotters ???? , The good, Bad, And down right Useless ????, What you got PW members???,

oldypigeonpopper

3 hours ago, Dave-G said:

If squirrel is going to be a high percentage of your outings - and fox mostly rare I suggest the lower mag will suffice and help spot close up tree use without being too zoomed in. Foxes are so much larger and though they'd be small in the viewer all you need is to know if one is there and wait for it or close the distance, so a fox 'finder' albeit bereft of detail is fine with your budget in my opinion.

thanks for your info dave

28 minutes ago, Whitester said:

For the money the HikMicro lynx 19 or 25 mm are pretty good. We use the 25 mm for spotting and although recognition isn’t great past 100 yards it’s not bad for a grand and ten times better than NV for scanning a large area to ***** if it’s worth the stalk or not.

i think the falcons will see these off or reduce their price soon so might be worth waiting but then the thermal market moves faster than a stabbed rat so who knows when the best time to pull the trigger is.

thanks for info , am in no hurry, 🍺

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should have bought this one mate, it's the bigger unit than mine but looks brand new.

same again,  these are older models with no warranty but probably half the price of a new unit, but better quality unless your spending £1300+

But..... new stuff is coming out all the time which makes prices come down, treat yourself 👍

im looking at selling Guide Trackir 50 Thermal Spotter
it was Bought in august last year and its only been used half a dozon times so its in immaculate condition
boxed with all the bits/paper work im wanting £630 for it

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

You should have bought this one mate, it's the bigger unit than mine but looks brand new.

same again,  these are older models with no warranty but probably half the price of a new unit, but better quality unless your spending £1300+

But..... new stuff is coming out all the time which makes prices come down, treat yourself 👍

hello, always to slow, but buying second hand there is the warranty to consider and i have read most sellers do not honour for 2 nd owners

This will do all you need and brand new in the box i borrowed one off my mate and shot 3 foxes out to 200 with it he wanted me to try it out for him 

R BEFORE 2:30PMFOR NEXT DAY DELIVERY

icon-usp-reviews.svg

REVIEWS.CO.UK

LEAVE US A REVIEW

Repair

IN-HOUSE SERVICE& REPAIR CENTRE

Advice

FRIENDLY, EXPERTADVICE & SOLUTIONS

• Home 
  •  
  • HIKMicro LH19 Lynx Pro Thermal Monocular 19mm

HIKMicro LH19 Lynx Pro Thermal Monocular 19mm

HIKMICRO LH19 LYNX PRO THERMAL MONOCULAR 19MM

SKU 
£999.99 EX. VAT
In Stock

Quantity

ADD TO BASKET OR 
Edited by Rim Fire

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, always to slow, but buying second hand there is the warranty to consider and i have read most sellers do not honour for 2 nd owners

There would be no warranty on these older models,  but they are £4-500 cheaper than a model like the Lynx above, which from what lads have said is very good.

It comes down to your budget really 👍

On 30/12/2023 at 01:28, oldypigeonpopper said:

Well i just had notice of a long term ISA and it has made ***** difference these last few years so i thought sod it, cash in and get the above, there are so many to choose, from my starting 2 squirrel feeders, to helping out night foxing, i like these 2 Thermtec Cylops CP 315 and 315 Pro, any thoughts PW, 

Purchasing equipment for night foxing, such as the Thermtec Cylops CP 315 and 315 Pro, appears to be a wise idea. Given your progression from squirrel feeders, these choices demonstrate a clear growth of your interests. Good luck with your new gear!

2 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

What model is it as you do not know not a lot about them maybe someone can steer you in the right direction if its no good 

hello, your right, so i contacted Thermtec and got a poor response, then contacted Blackwood out door via the AGF and got no reply, a UK ebay seller of thermal Monoculars did not have much technical knowledge, so i went to a company i have know for years , Thomas Jacks, Matthew Warren was very helpful and noted my questions , the diopter adjustment my main concern,and concluded a unit suitable for my needs, having all this it was not possible to find a near shop so i contacted a recommended company that sends out by post, Nightmaster, Tom was very helpful and with a discount and free post with a nice free be i chose the Pixfra M40 B13 with 400X300 sensor with 3 year warranty, so bang goes my ISA 🤔🙄

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

30 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, your right, so i contacted Thermtec and got a poor response, then contacted Blackwood out door via the AGF and got no reply, a UK ebay seller of thermal Monoculars did not have much technical knowledge, so i went to a company i have know for years , Thomas Jacks, Matthew Warren was very helpful and noted my questions , the diopter adjustment my main concern,and concluded a unit suitable for my needs, having all this it was not possible to find a near shop so i contacted a recommended company that sends out by post, Nightmaster, Tom was very helpful and with a discount and free post with a nice free be i chose the Pixfra M40 B13 with 400X300 sensor with 3 year warranty, so bang goes my ISA 🤔🙄

But looking on the Bright side my new shotgun certificate came yesterday 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/12/2023 at 21:25, Rim Fire said:

Take a look on SD i have two spotters and the last one i bought is a Pulsar sq38f it is second hand but brilliant bit of kit the other is an ATN thermal scope i was using as a spotter but bulkier that's why i bought the pulsar 

The Pulsar sq38f sounds like a great addition, especially being a second-hand gem. The compact design is a smart move for ease of use. Happy spotting!Magic 8 ball

• 2 weeks later...

Treated myself and just got a Pulsar Axion XM38, only looked around the garden with it yet but wil be out on Sunday

I had never looked through a thermal spotter before so I am well impressed and hope it is a "game changer" as so many people say.

32 minutes ago, Good shot? said:

Treated myself and just got a Pulsar Axion XM38, only looked around the garden with it yet but wil be out on Sunday

I had never looked through a thermal spotter before so I am well impressed and hope it is a "game changer" as so many people say.

Hello, Well done, it certainly is !!!, all the years i have been using night vision, Scope and Spotters, Thermal spotting is a game changer, 

On 12/02/2024 at 12:24, Good shot? said:

Xm38 does everything I want and more, really pleased with it.

Just need time to get used to all the settings etc.

Worth just going for a walk a few times with only the thermal and binoculars,  you'll be amazed at what's about, a slightly overcast day like today is perfect, squirrels are very obliging when your playing with which colours you prefer. 

Been out a couple of times in the day up to now without gun with a mate (with a gun) I just had the Pulsar and had a good play with It, had a fox out to 250 yards saw Squirrels out to 290 yards and I  believe I would get heat signatures of fox well beyond any shootable range and likewise with squirrel, sheep are a novelty in the  different viewing options.I will be out again tomorrow with any luck, still playing with all the controls, I prefer white hot up to now but I am made up with it.

Edited by Good shot?

On 22/02/2024 at 06:10, Good shot? said:

Got two squirrels just on dusk which we would never have seen without the thermal, so a definite result.👍.

Belting 👍

On 20/02/2024 at 12:17, Good shot? said:

prefer white hot up to now but I am made up with it.

I change colours each time I'm out depending on the conditions.

And wait till you spot something in a tree, that you can't work out, and it turns out to be sheep outside the wood 200+ yards away 😅😅