Failure

ditchman

You used the wrong meat.

Casseroles and stews use tougher cuts where slow cooking tenderises the meat and releases their rich flavours.

Meatballs should be quick fried to get the caramelised crust and still remain juicy and finished off in a sauce.

It's as if you were stewing a fillet steak.

just shows im no different to anyone else..............chist itwas awful...and i was hungry....going to have a tinned suet pud today with some really nice green sweetheart cabbage and mash....and as Billy gillie is coming ...lashings of gravy :lol:

It has to be really dire for me to throw anything away.  I was brought up by parents who had been through the war and post war rationing - and wasting food was a cardinal sin to them.  I have (at least in part) been conditioned with the same 'horror' of wasting food.

Having said that there are a few things I can't stomach - particularly the 'oxidised fat/oil' taste from eating foods well past their 'best before' date.  Things like dessicated coconut (used in some curries) are prone to this as you only use a little and it comes in large packs - and once opened develops the nasty taste quite rapidly.  Ground almonds can also develop an oxidised oil taste quite quickly.

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

It has to be really dire for me to throw anything away.  I was brought up by parents who had been through the war and post war rationing - and wasting food was a cardinal sin to them.  I have (at least in part) been conditioned with the same 'horror' of wasting food.

Having said that there are a few things I can't stomach - particularly the 'oxidised fat/oil' taste from eating foods well past their 'best before' date.  Things like dessicated coconut (used in some curries) are prone to this as you only use a little and it comes in large packs - and once opened develops the nasty taste quite rapidly.  Ground almonds can also develop an oxidised oil taste quite quickly.

if i had a dog and gave it to him/her.........i would get the look of "what the fox hat is that"