Disturbing Documentary

shaun4860

Just watched a documentary on a wife physically and mentally abusing her husband over a 20 year period.

My Wife, My Abuser, The Secret Footage.

Very disturbing to watch.

Channel 5.

Worth a watch on catch up 😕

:shaun:

2 hours ago, JKD said:

That guy was on BBC Breakfast yesterday and he looked completely broken !

Recorded the programme you mentioned, so will watch it this evening.

Impossible, you must know that only men can do this sort of thing; we're told often enough that this is the case. All the fault of the patriarchy.

In this day and age I think this is far more common than you might think, problem is that men feel weak if they admit to being abused. Sometimes other factors come into play such as having an Alcoholic partner/wife, an Angel during the day but once they hit the bottle in the evening all hell breaks loose. Makes things even more difficult if you have guns and the abuse includes physical abuse as you simply cannot fight back. You just have to stay strong in your head (or so I'm told)..

Edited by bruno22rf

12 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, i watched in part, even the children witnessed the abuse but maybe to young to understand, what was the outcome ??

The children were old enough to accept this as normal 'grown up' behaviour.  It then continues through the next generation. The 'Wife'  needed some serious psychiatric treatment though.

Just now, Westley said:

The children were old enough to accept this as normal 'grown up' behaviour.  It then continues through the next generation. The 'Wife'  needed some serious psychiatric treatment though.

Hello, Well looking back when i was that age of the children i did not think it was normal behaviour the way my father treated my mother🤔

12 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

If he retaliated in self-defence, he would have more than likely found himself arrested as the abuser.

That (sadly) applies not only to this example. 

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, Well looking back when i was that age of the children i did not think it was normal behaviour the way my father treated my mother🤔

I am sure that reference was made to the way 'she had been treated by her father' was the root cause of her violent behaviour,  coupled, of course, with alcohol. 

1 minute ago, Westley said:

I am sure that reference was made to the way 'she had been treated by her father' was the root cause of her violent behaviour,  coupled, of course, with alcohol. 

Hello, That is interesting, I still get nightmares with reference to my Father even though it is many years since he passed away

14 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, i watched in part, even the children witnessed the abuse but maybe to young to understand, what was the outcome ??

She got 4 1/2 years.

If you watched further on the dad told his oldest daughter just say what she thought the mother wanted to say and when the mother wasn’t looking to wink at him so they knew they were good.

The dad and 3 girls moved to North Yorkshire to start a new life together.

I feel sorry for the next guy she hooks up with on release 😕

10 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

She got 4 1/2 years.

If you watched further on the dad told his oldest daughter just say what she thought the mother wanted to say and when the mother wasn’t looking to wink at him so they knew they were good.

The dad and 3 girls moved to North Yorkshire to start a new life together.

I feel sorry for the next guy she hooks up with on release 😕

Hello, Thanks to reply,