Ripped off at P.O.

billytheghillie

For £7.35 you can get a Sausage and Bacon sandwich, or a pint of beer and a packet of crisps, or a 7 mile journey train ticket, or a few pairs of socks, you can get just over a gallon of fuel, you can get 42 minutes of labour at the minimum wage. 

What is really amazing you can even get a letter guaranteed to be delivered the next day that travels 400 miles which is handled by about a dozen people who all want to earn a living and is transported by a variety of methods which all use fuel and have high maintenance costs, I think that is excellent value.

1 hour ago, sportsbob said:

For £7.35 you can get a Sausage and Bacon sandwich, or a pint of beer and a packet of crisps, or a 7 mile journey train ticket, or a few pairs of socks, you can get just over a gallon of fuel, you can get 42 minutes of labour at the minimum wage. 

What is really amazing you can even get a letter guaranteed to be delivered the next day that travels 400 miles which is handled by about a dozen people who all want to earn a living and is transported by a variety of methods which all use fuel and have high maintenance costs, I think that is excellent value.

will you please stop posting sensible arguments, it really is not in keeping with this section of the forum.

On 20/03/2024 at 11:03, udderlyoffroad said:

Signed for/Special delivery or whatever is pointless

No, Guaranteed Next Day is a special delivery channel which almost certainly guarantees it'll arrive, before 13:00 if you pay extra.

5 hours ago, sportsbob said:

I agree, recently used this service for passports renewal and thought the service was excellent.  I received a copy of the signature immediately upon delivery  and confirmation soon thereafter.  We'll worth the money.

Well I posted two Jiffy bags last week 24h post and both recipients still haven’t received them . Means I’ll refund of course but you pay for a service and don’t get it and the RM don’t give a hoot

1 hour ago, Fargo said:

Well I posted two Jiffy bags last week 24h post and both recipients still haven’t received them . Means I’ll refund of course but you pay for a service and don’t get it and the RM don’t give a hoot

Which service did you use

We sent our passports in for renal in the same envelope and got a email saying they where done and posting them back the wife's arrived the next day mine a fortnight later and they were supposed to be sent out together

On 21/03/2024 at 17:04, Bigbob said:

We sent our passports in for renal in the same envelope and got a email saying they where done and posting them back the wife's arrived the next day mine a fortnight later and they were supposed to be sent out together

The government  site states passport renewal can take 3 weeks or longer, you weren't too far from that timescale. If you wanted immediate service you can go to passport office in person.  Our passports also arrived in separate envelopes, albeit on the same day. Perhaps yhis is a security/safety measure.In total, 10 days from application to receipt of new issue. Pretty good service at a reasonable price.

On 21/03/2024 at 15:33, Fargo said:

That's unlucky - I ordered a part from Mitsybits at rotherham 2pm yesterday - it arrived by 24 hour post at 10.45 this morning.

Passports.......HAH!!!!

When I applied for my first passport I had to go into Birmingham to be interviewed by a gubmint dept to prove that I was born here.

The girls on the door into the building were all young Indian girls.

I then had to go to the lift to the first floor and the man at the lift entrance was an older Pakistani man.

The man who met me at the way to the interview rooms was a mature Sikh.

I then went into the interview room and was questioned about where I was born in Birmingham ..............by a Malaysian woman.

I was born in this city and I had to prove it to a bunch of foreigners.....................................What the....