RC toddlers ride on Car

Royboy

Morning

ive been given a RC car for my lad, he’s to young to be able to drive it him self but I’ve noticed there’s a switch for RC mode but I don’t have a control , I’ve looked online but these cars have been discontinued, I’ve also seen universal control on eBay and Amazon ? Has anyone got any ideas what control would work ?? Cheers 

Not without seeing the car details but I had exactly the same situation and ordered a universal one from Ali Express - was about a tenner. From memory you need one that comes with a new chip, you will find the old chip close to the motor usually under the seat - the chip should have a code on it. If it's anything like mine then it's a simple job but you have to tune the remote to the chip and the instructions are usually in very basic Chinglish.

36 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Not without seeing the car details but I had exactly the same situation and ordered a universal one from Ali Express - was about a tenner. From memory you need one that comes with a new chip, you will find the old chip close to the motor usually under the seat - the chip should have a code on it. If it's anything like mine then it's a simple job but you have to tune the remote to the chip and the instructions are usually in very basic Chinglish.

That’s great, I’ll have a look this afternoon 

cheers mate 

4 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

IMG_3986.jpeg.4b21fa819b45504d395dd670b24c6716.jpegIMG_3984.jpeg.a8954f5ddbb30b9ce1084493f6e0acac.jpeg  can you make anything of this ? I’m going to guess and say it doesn’t have a receiver ?? 
cheers 

14 minutes ago, Royboy said:

I’m going to guess and say it doesn’t have a receiver ?? 

My guess:  In the lower picture, the lower (light coloured) box is probably a receiver.  Reason: - there is a single wire from it's left hand side that looks like it goes nowhere - and this will probably be it's antenna.

Note it is only a 'guess' but with a reason.

1 hour ago, Royboy said:

Yes I think your right mate cheers, I’ve took the top off and it says Ant on that wireIMG_3987.jpeg.92b75b245fe5d7a2d248dbeff0c91cb8.jpeg

What is on the neon green sticker, with small RC cars it's normally a small round sticker with the frequency number written on it. 

If you're feeling really mad you can modify/get kits for DeWalt/Makita batteries to make these run a little spicy 😂

17 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

What's in the black box, cannot see anything that resembles a chipset?

I think that’s a circuit board to control the horn and lights ??

16 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

What is on the neon green sticker, with small RC cars it's normally a small round sticker with the frequency number written on it. 

If you're feeling really mad you can modify/get kits for DeWalt/Makita batteries to make these run a little spicy 😂

There’s not much on Google about this board ! The only thing I’ve found is that’s it’s 27mhz. 

I’ve seen them conversions on YouTube 😂

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

That I would imagine is the frequency then bud.

This is on the bottom of a RC car that takes 4 AA batteries.. 

17141485733614152912155935645538.jpg

I’m only actually guessing that’s 27mhz is the frequency, I googled the number on the receiver and the only thing that come up was a receiver for sale abroad somewhere, I’ve Emailed Rastar for advise but there in hongkong so not sure I’ll get a message back.

IMG_3993.png.c3efe3a07a83930cf87a1418c2a1b292.png

Edited by Royboy

4 hours ago, Royboy said:

I’m only actually guessing that’s 27mhz is the frequency, I googled the number on the receiver and the only thing that come up was a receiver for sale abroad somewhere, I’ve Emailed Rastar for advise but there in hongkong so not sure I’ll get a message back.

The sticker on the bottom says 2.4ghz, it will need to be the correct parts and probably not worth the effort.

9 hours ago, Royboy said:

only actually guessing that’s 27mhz is the frequency, I googled the number on the receiver and the only thing that come up was a receiver for sale abroad somewhere, I’ve Emailed Rastar for advise

You won't need a new receiver just the remote, so for £20 for a universal you don't have much to loose. Well apart from £20 😂