Small disability scooter...

mad1

Hi all

Strange request...it's not for me so don't judge haha.

I'm looking for a small electric disability scooter.

Long story very short the father in law had a stroke a few month ago and since this he's been quite housebound and becoming a little bit depressed 😔. 

I'm looking to get a small scooter to see if we can get him out and about again and to the local shop etc... looking to see if anyone has one no longer needed before I go to the bay of e etc..

Hopefully it's not going to be a full time needed thing just to get him over this hump..

Thanks in advance...

42 minutes ago, mad1 said:

Hi all

Strange request...it's not for me so don't judge haha.

I'm looking for a small electric disability scooter.

Long story very short the father in law had a stroke a few month ago and since this he's been quite housebound and becoming a little bit depressed 😔. 

I'm looking to get a small scooter to see if we can get him out and about again and to the local shop etc... looking to see if anyone has one no longer needed before I go to the bay of e etc..

Hopefully it's not going to be a full time needed thing just to get him over this hump..

Thanks in advance...

phone the citezens advice......they should sort him out ..fill out a PIPS form and he should be able to get extra money and a mobility scooter for his needs

phone your local council as well ...they might have a fund for such things .............

Edited by ditchman

Edit to add..I'm in co durham

Me and the wife just spoke about it today so we have not had time to look at other options..thanks for the input so far...

Scott 

My partner uses a scooter, we needed a small one that comes apart to go in a car, a Peugeot 107. Face book market place is a good start to look. The largest take apart scooter I've found so far is a Sterling Saphire. Take note small scooters can take some abuse over rough ground ie boot sales, camping etc but useless on a beach.i've had quite a few small, old,  heap scooters off market place but do some research about different ones. Some are best avoided.

1 hour ago, mad1 said:

Just turned 80....

If he is that age and is not in receipt of any disability benefits then he should be able to get Attendance Allowance.

Unfortunatey that doesn’t come with a mobility component but should be entitled to receive up to £110 ish per week which would fund help with a scooter.

As ditchy said contact your nearest Citizens Advice and ask them to Assist 

:shaun:

I have a new one arriving this week on Tuesdsy for my wife. A lightweight. Therefore the old one which is heavy, too heavy for me to lift is surplus now.

I had intended to polish it up put new batteries on and sell it on ebay.

If you're prepared to put new batteries on, it's a 3 wheeler, does supposedly 8mph and a good range. Everything works and it has a small headlight. But it's at least 10 - 12 years old.

I can do pictures if you're interested.

Google scooter battery prices then you'll have a fair idea of what the cost is to get in back on the road.

I was going to put on batteries and sell at £200, I think £100 🤔 without, fair?

South Yorkshire