Extra Gun cabinet room

Hey all!

im looking at getting a 7 gun Brattensound cabinet, and they look rather roomy inside.

is it possible to store more than the stated amount of guns in it??

if it had 10 guns, would I need 2 cabinets, or if I could make them fit in one cabinet, just stick with the one?

Bobby, do you really want to be cramming your guns into a cabinet ? denting and damaging the stocks ? You would be far better off with 2 rather than 1 JUST beg enough. 

3 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Bobby, do you really want to be cramming your guns into a cabinet ? denting and damaging the stocks ? You would be far better off with 2 rather than 1 JUST beg enough. 

Yeah that’s fair enough, it just seemed very large, and didn’t know if it was a ‘done’ thing is all

4 minutes ago, BobbyH said:

Yeah that’s fair enough, it just seemed very large, and didn’t know if it was a ‘done’ thing is all

I have 2, a 12 gun and another 7, in the 12 i have 6 spud guns all with bi-pods on and the other shotguns and a 2 more spud guns. No issues from firearms  :good:

I own a Brattonsound Sentinel Plus 7 gun. You could probably fit 12 guns in the actual safe if you placed 5 upside down.

I fitted a narrow shelf at the bottom of the door, with a retainer at the top, which holds another two guns in comfort, without banging or bumping.

Just remember cabinet capacity is based on O/U shotguns. 

I have 3 cabinets (inc. a Brattonsound 7) most of my firearms are target rifles with large scopes fitted.

In my 10 gun it will fit 5 with a bit of space left to avoid bumping etc.

The 7 gun has a couple of under lever cowboy rifles which will sit right next to each other and 3 other rifles with smaller scopes.

On 13/05/2024 at 20:05, Dougy said:

This! I "dinged" the side of the action of my Boss by doing this! Fortunately I was able to gently re-cut the engraving on the lower part of the action where the bar on he lockplate fits where this had happened and it was no longer noticeable. But that was just good luck. 

Edited by enfieldspares

Ahhh okay,

so I have  7 guns, but want space to be able to expand my collection to maybe 10…..

could anyone reccomend me a gun cabinet?

prefer to be electronic locking if police are okay with that 

Personally don't have faith in electronic locks. But look at Lockaway and Bratton if you want bigger. But I'd still choose 2 over 1. Having all your eggs in 1 basket and all that. 

I’m with Dougy on this. I have no faith in anything electronic. 
I have two 7 gun cabinets from Clay Shooters Supplies of Market Harborough. I don’t know if they are still trading as my cabinets are over 40 years old. But they are very spacious compared to my 5gun Brattonsound, which is so pokey it’s almost a joke. It is currently empty and only kept as a spare because I have room to do so.

Got to agree about electronic locks. I had a small safe with the digital entry. A You Tube video showed how to open it using a potato. I tried it and it worked. Absolute joke - security wise. Very similar to the cylindrical keys which were popular a few years ago. Key was a tube with grooves around the outside - which was fine until someone used a plastic biro tube to open one. 

Attached photo shows shelf on the door for two extra guns.IMG_20240517_140710.jpg.d47d75d9a6c3c3a93a8b36da8bfe385c.jpg

30 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Got to agree about electronic locks.

+1.  I wouldn't have an electronic lock - and I worked in electronics for 40+ years.

On 16/05/2024 at 08:22, London Best said:

I have two 7 gun cabinets from Clay Shooters Supplies of Market Harborough.

I have a Clays Shooters Supplies cabinet - which replaced an earlier similar but smaller one.  Very sturdy and use two conventional British Standard (BS 3621) Chubb locks which can be replaced if needed.    I believe they are still made to order only, but the company has (slightly) changed it's name.  https://www.shooterssupplies.co.uk/security-cabinets/

You want to get a ‘deep’ cabinet, ones designed for rifles with scopes. A lot more space in them to add more than the stated capacity. But I would still get 2 cabinets, you don’t really want to cramp the guns in!