How about a PW regional clay comp?

Stu S

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the emai lresponse i got from the ground yesterday evening:

Hi

We have no problem with you holding a small competition here. You do not have to book in as we regularly have groups of shooters. You will just need to come into the shop and collect sufficient counters for what you propose shooting. Our counters go up to 600 and clays are 25p each. We have a no-bird policy which is that anything that is on your counter has to be paid for but we do have an automatic discount of 2% at the till whether you have any no-birds or not. This will be explained in further detail when you arrive.

You are more than welcome to pop over to see what we have here but we would not be able to allow you exclusive use of any of the traps, especially on a weekend when our regular shooters will also want to use them.

I trust that this is sufficient information for you but if you need to know anything else, please let me know.

Regards

Frances

Looks like we are all set then!

I shall set the cut off dates etc shortly!

Stu

Stuart,

My advice would be to make the DTL single barrel, i.e. you must only load & fire one shell, that saves a lot of aggro when calculating the scores because you don't have to worry about 3 points for a first barrel kill.

This is the way that "All Round" competitions that include DTL are run.

Cat.

OK peeps!

Cut off date for entry will need to be on the 15th Feb. This is because I may well have managed to bag us a little trophy and some prizes, but the sponsor is only interested if we can get a decent amount of shooters out, and so will need to know if they are going to get a trophy for us.

Could all entrants please note the following:

You will be responsible for paying for all clays that you shoot on the day, at the rate of 25p per clay unless you are a member of the club when it becomes 20p.(So for 150 birds, the cost should be £37.50)

We will go round in groups of two or three, so as to keep the number of counters in use to a minimum (they only go up to 600 each).

Please send me a PM with your details if you wish to enter. I will also need an email address and phone number from you, and you will get mine (but please, no smutty calls or texts, the missus is getting fed up with them! ???:lol: ) to help with organisation. Most of the organising will be done via here or email, but a phone number is good in teh event of an emergency!

And finally, lets get loads of people, that way we get trophys and prizes, and should all have a cracking day out!

Stu

Northerners loose out again... :lol:

Shaun!!

There is a group of us get together now and then from THIS forum and another forum for a clay shooting day out

We go to different grounds over the north every time we meet up.

We have shot

Brandesburton

Thimbleby

Marne Barracks

and a few others up to now and were always looking for new venues to meet at. We enter the details of the grounds and then vote on which to go to.

Unfortunatley I find Bywell to formal to be able to enjoy yourself but there are loads of grounds in the northumberland area

If your stuck for transaport for the meet up's you only have to ask and one of us can prob help out with a lift :lol:

shame i'm so far away i would have liked to join in

Why not see if a few others from your area want to join in, and get a car share going! You'd all be very welcome!

I don't see why the entrants have to be members of PW either, if you have a friend or two that would like to come and play, bring them along!

I've got a couple of mates that aren't members coming for the day!

Stu

My take on it would be like a CPSA reg shoot, as in you can enter if you are a non-member, but your score doesn't mean anything in terms of the competition. You are shooting for the fun of it really.

Although I may well be able to get a small something for the non members to compete for, but not as significant as the main comp prize.

Is that alright with everyone?

Stu

• 2 weeks later...

The thing is that I put this out to public vote as to when it should happen, and that was the date that was agreed.

I have to be perfectly honest here and say that if this doesn't get a bit better response, I won't bother finishing the organising and will cancel the event altogether, despite already putting in quite a bit of personal time to get to this point.

Stu