Racism

steve1066

WELSH1

My message was not intended to be racist, it was meant as friendly banter with our Scottish brethren on pigeon watch. If you had noticed I was actually wishing them good luck with their match tonight against the Swiss.

8 hours ago, steve1066 said:

WELSH1

My message was not intended to be racist, it was meant as friendly banter with our Scottish brethren on pigeon watch. If you had noticed I was actually wishing them good luck with their match tonight against the Swiss.

Your comment was not the subject of my post, and is still here, just merged with the thread already running in the euros.

4 hours ago, welsh1 said:

Your comment was not the subject of my post, and is still here, just merged with the thread already running in the euros.

My sincere apologies Welsh1, I thought you were responding to my Scottish thread. Although it did make me think regarding the use of the word Jock.

Many Thanks

Steve

16 minutes ago, steve1066 said:

My sincere apologies Welsh1, I thought you were responding to my Scottish thread. Although it did make me think regarding the use of the word Jock.

Many Thanks

Steve

Usually i tick the box that tells you it has been moved, but i did it on my phone and my fat fingers must have missed the little tick box.

18 hours ago, holloway said:

Banter or racist ? snowflakes or  woke ?  perception ? its a minefield best not comment at all lest someone misunderstands .

“Best not comment” isn’t that what the snowflakes and Wokes want, no chance, I was brought up with a backbone. I will have my opinion because that’s my right, I won’t be kept quiet on the back it maybe deliberately misconstrued by someone who’s intentions are to do just that.

what I will confirm is that I would  never intentionally be racist towards any person, we have enough bigots in this country.

But thank you for your interpretation and advice.

14 minutes ago, steve1066 said:

“Best not comment” isn’t that what the snowflakes and Wokes want, no chance, I was brought up with a backbone. I will have my opinion because that’s my right, I won’t be kept quiet on the back it maybe deliberately misconstrued by someone who’s intentions are to do just that.

what I will confirm is that I would  never intentionally be racist towards any person, we have enough bigots in this country.

But thank you for your interpretation and advice.

100 % agree 👍

Ive got a mate who is known as ‘jock’, everyone calls him jock, including his missus! What the hell has happened to us, jock, taffy, paddy, whats the problem? As it happens I can’t think of a nickname for english! Maybe ******?

The racism 'item' was a certain member's comment in the BASC Maasai thread, being extremely derogatory and mentioning "small boats" and other stuff 😠

13 hours ago, ozalid said:

Ive got a mate who is known as ‘jock’, everyone calls him jock, including his missus! What the hell has happened to us, jock, taffy, paddy, whats the problem? As it happens I can’t think of a nickname for english! Maybe ******?

🤣

2 hours ago, JKD said:

The racism 'item' was a certain member's comment in the BASC Maasai thread, being extremely derogatory and mentioning "small boats" and other stuff 😠

I read it but didn't see it as derogatory ,certainly not extremely ,but now i ask myself am i racist without even knowing it .
Question for you ,given the above would you describe me as racist ? or just ignorant and stupid ?

OK,hands up,it was probably me🤔

BUT,the main point i was getting at,was,WHY is my BASC membership (and the other members) money being spent on woke box ticking,when,on the issues that BASC are supposed to represent,us,the members on,they just roll over,accept the "belly rub" and just sell the members down the river.

hope that's clarified it👍

LEAD SHOT being the latest major example.

It was a very derogatory comment, followed by unconnected remarks, as above. As has been proven, there's a time and place to ask certain questions 🤔

TBH I didn't think it was racist, just extremely bad taste and totally unnecessary, hence my return comment, which definitely wasn't racist ! Some people need to wind their necks in and think before pressing the reply button 🙄 

49 minutes ago, holloway said:

I read it but didn't see it as derogatory ,certainly not extremely ,but now i ask myself am i racist without even knowing it .
Question for you ,given the above would you describe me as racist ? or just ignorant and stupid ?

I can't call you a racist, but your reply doesn't make sense to me ? 🤷‍♂️

I didn't read the alleged offending post. 

So not commenting on the specific post but speaking generally, I think the R word gets thrown around far to much with people being accused when they're clearly not, but simply to such conversations down, which is not only unfair to the individual, bad for freedom of speech and solving issues, but also detracts from the rare cases of real racism that needs stamping out.

4 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

So not commenting on the specific post but speaking generally, I think the R word gets thrown around far to much with people being accused when they're clearly not, but simply to such conversations down, which is not only unfair to the individual, bad for freedom of speech and solving issues, but also detracts from the rare cases of real racism that needs stamping out.

as I watched it unfold truth is zoli made a poor choice of words to make a valid point which was then twisted as racism 

12 minutes ago, JKD said:

It was a very derogatory comment, followed by unconnected remarks, as above. As has been proven, there's a time and place to ask certain questions 🤔

TBH I didn't think it was racist, just extremely bad taste and totally unnecessary, hence my return comment, which definitely wasn't racist ! Some people need to wind their necks in and think before pressing the reply button 🙄 

I can't call you a racist, but your reply doesn't make sense to me ? 🤷‍♂️

You were clearly offended by the original remark ,fair enough.

2 minutes ago, clangerman said:

as I watched it unfold truth is zoli made a poor choice of words to make a valid point which was then twisted as racism 

Exactly 👍

2 minutes ago, holloway said:

You were clearly offended by the original remark ,fair enough.

Exactly 👍

Yes indeed, as others were ! But I was flicking around the forum so might have missed some comments. Some were removed, then all replies were removed.

Like I said, I don't think Z12G's reply was racist,  just very poor taste, unnecessary, and totally negative towards the actual subject of the thread.

I had a little dig back regarding West Yorkshire inhabitants, which was an attempt at humour to try to diffuse and distract.

48 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Quite agree

13 hours ago, ozalid said:

‘Limey’, but only the Americans tend to use it.

49 minutes ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

so you've not watched "Trainspotting" then😁😁😁

Ah yes! And very appropriate too, although I have been warned for bypassing the swear filter already today, so I cant mention it!

10 hours ago, JKD said:

Free speech, anyone?

• welsh1 locked this topic