Glasto

Sussexboy

just watching mrs Twaine...............i liked her in the past in her youff........if i were her i would make this gig her last...as she hasnt quite got it anymore.....she's nearly 60 now...and hasnt got the power or clarity in her voice anymore

she has just about carried it off.....but she wont do it again............i want to remember as she was

Glasto last year was poor ..elton john was bloody awful

this year cyndi lauper was carp......Twaine is on the way out...and the support bands are strange and very political.....i would not be paying £400 quid plus to emerse myself in that experience

the Glasto gig needs a bloody good sort out...and some cracking relevant class acts who can really sing and hold a tune...

not has beens who cant rip it anymore and homeless politicle acts........

On 29/06/2024 at 22:12, Mungler said:

Inside a pricey, metal fenced, fortress-type festival aimed at virtue-signalling, high status concerned white middle class twits. 

Of course Banksy had to get his oar in with his refugee boat piece. Refugees? Escaping the tyranny of France? I suppose illegal economic migrant doesn’t have that special Guardianesque ring to it. I digress.

Glastonbury? No, not for me 😆 

I'm with him.

On 29/06/2024 at 23:45, Gordon R said:

Hamas sympathisers and drugs - just about sums Glastonbury up.

Virtue signalling f wits.

Had refrained from posting on this thread, not wishing to "yuck other peoples' yums" as the kids say. But yes, Glastonbury long ago became to be a parody of itself.  Thousands of affluent middle class people, seemingly without any self awareness, braying for open borders, whilst sat behind one of the most impressive & complex security operations in Europe.  4m high fences, watch towers, security personnel, visible and not-so-visible police presence...

And then, with all the inevitability of pictures of pretty sixth formers getting their A Level results, today the media is full of pictures of acres of plastic waste and single use camping equipment left behind for others to clean up.  And yet these same people probably cheer loudly for  Net Zero and Just Stop Oil's antics.

I would say it's down to the folly of yoof, but I think that's letting people off a bit too lightly.  I reckon if we'd knew the average age of the attendees, we'd be stretching the definition of youth somewhat.

Anyway, who's going to the game fair, and what you wearing?  🤣

34 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Glastonbury long ago became to be a parody of itself.  Thousands of affluent middle class people, seemingly without any self awareness, braying for open borders, whilst sat behind one of the most impressive & complex security operations in Europe.  4m high fences, watch towers, security personnel, visible and not-so-visible police presence...

And then, with all the inevitability of pictures of pretty sixth formers getting their A Level results, today the media is full of pictures of acres of plastic waste and single use camping equipment left behind for others to clean up.  And yet these same people probably cheer loudly for  Net Zero and Just Stop Oil's antics.

I would say it's down to the folly of yoof, but I think that's letting people off a bit too lightly.  I reckon if we'd knew the average age of the attendees, we'd be stretching the definition of youth somewhat.

Nailed it :good:

Ill add that one of the 'star' attractions was an art exhibition named 'Smash Capitalism' ...The irony.

2 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Had refrained from posting on this thread, not wishing to "yuck other peoples' yums" as the kids say. But yes, Glastonbury long ago became to be a parody of itself.  Thousands of affluent middle class people, seemingly without any self awareness, braying for open borders, whilst sat behind one of the most impressive & complex security operations in Europe.  4m high fences, watch towers, security personnel, visible and not-so-visible police presence...

Anyway, who's going to the game fair, and what you wearing?  🤣

As the OP I can’t argue with that. I would never attend the event, but I do like watching some of the bands on the goggle box. 

All the detritus left behind annoys me beyond measure…..