FAC & convictions

jimmzy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have revoked your licence :-

"I had an fac in 2002 and it was revoked. I have been a little naughty in the past".

"Causing an affray (Public disorder) 2003".

"Well my ticket was revoked in 2002 because i had a disagreement with someone after a few beers. Drunk & disordarly. The Last conviction (affray was in 2003) So it was revoked before this!"

You dismiss two criminal convictions as " a bit naughty". There is no way the Police will share your rose-tinted view. If you get a FAC, I will plait sawdust. When you have a FAC, you know that you have to behave, but you clearly didn't care about those conditions. It's cause and effect.

Some might say that you should get on an internet forum and pretend to seek a considered opinion from people in the know but actually all the while just seek out some false reassurance. Then you should snipe at anyone who says you might have a bit of trouble getting your FAC and generally make out that they were the w4nkers (use some cross looking smilies :good::/ for full effect).

Me, I would just say:

"hey you are a top bloke who had only been a "little" bit naughty in the past and who will clearly have no problem getting the FAC grant that you desire".

I think that raps it all up nicely :sly:

Thanks to all you squeaky clean nerds out there :good:

No worries fella :/ ...........

Things that'll have a bearing and any FEO will consider if you've been a naughty boy

Family circumstances .......How long married /or with partner .......Any children ......Stable homelife

Employment record etc.

All of the above can be shown to be a good indicator of character provided it's positive .

A work colleague had a gbh conviction and it took him 12 years for his license to return .Had it not been for him ticking all the above boxes he would have been waitng longer .

PS

If this thread is anything to go by you still seem immature and confrontational . :sly:

Thanks to all you squeaky clean nerds out there :lol:

No need to have a bash at the people that are advising you to wait a little longer. Take in the advice you've asked for rather than ignore it! Not all of us are squeaky clean, I for example have a conviction for setting off a home made bomb in the garden of a hotel. Not a little firework job either. It's a good job that nobody was within 100m of it when it went off because if they had of been, I probably wouldn't be out yet (it got me on some kind of terrorist offences register)! I have a SGC, and a FAC is on the way. What I had going for me when I applied is that I'd left it a long time before applying, I wasn't drunk at the time, and it was my only offence. I also respected the fact that what I did was very stupid, rather than pretending it all meant nothing. Most of all I took advice from people in the know rather than get grumpy at them for saying things I didn't want to hear. Maybe having that kind of attitude is going to be your downfall, and rightly so :good:

They have revoked your licence :-

"I had an fac in 2002 and it was revoked. I have been a little naughty in the past".

"Causing an affray (Public disorder) 2003".

"Well my ticket was revoked in 2002 because i had a disagreement with someone after a few beers. Drunk & disordarly. The Last conviction (affray was in 2003) So it was revoked before this!"

You dismiss two criminal convictions as " a bit naughty". There is no way the Police will share your rose-tinted view. If you get a FAC, I will plait sawdust. When you have a FAC, you know that you have to behave, but you clearly didn't care about those conditions. It's cause and effect.

well said

hogey

I'm not giving people ****! I appreciate all your comments, I WILL EXPLAIN! Just imagine your in a situation where your having the **** kicked out of you! OK

You either lie their thinking "oh dear if i react i'll lose my firearm certificate," so i'll just get beaten sensless, OR you defend yourself, which unfortunatly sometimes lands you up i more bother than the instigator in the first place. This was my situation (as sad as it was) So i had no option. I was minding my own business when this happened, I tried avoiding the situation but the insitent idiot wold not leave it alone, as i was on my own at the time, the situation was quite unnerving. SO the law is an *** unfortunatly ( in some respects.) Hope i put your minds at rest!.

Guest The Outlaw
I'm not giving people ****! I appreciate all your comments, I WILL EXPLAIN! Just imagine your in a situation where your having the **** kicked out of you! OK

You either lie their thinking "oh dear if i react i'll lose my firearm certificate," so i'll just get beaten sensless, OR you defend yourself, which unfortunatly sometimes lands you up i more bother than the instigator in the first place. This was my situation (as sad as it was) So i had no option. I was minding my own business when this happened, I tried avoiding the situation but the insitent idiot wold not leave it alone, as i was on my own at the time, the situation was quite unnerving. SO the law is an *** unfortunatly ( in some respects.) Hope i put your minds at rest!.

Unfortunatley **** happens mate, when you need it least as well.

I would wait a while before reapplying.

What happened to your weapons when your last FAC was revoked?

Tony