please stop it

Mrs Sweepy

right now its my turn to take the flak

what is it with you lot .we have some good and intesting people come on here .and when they past on a bit of their knowledge and insight to the likes of us. what do some of us on here do .

take great pleasure in laying into them . WHY

yes i know that everyone is entitle to their opinions.

but please just think.that one spiteful remark. is it really worth losing and upsetting the other member on this site.

I DONT THINK SO

suzy

but please just think.that one spiteful remark. is it really worth losing and upsetting the other member on this site.

I DONT THINK SO

suzy

I'm new to the site and I've tried to be a good boy :birthday:

But I'm not new to Forum sites so hopfully I know how to behave.

I do agree with you Suzy I have found a few coments on occasions

a bit offensive (none aimed at me).

I give most people two or three chance's, everybody has a bad day and

somtimes people post things that in the cold light of day they may of thought

twice about.

I take people as they come .

There is always an ignor button we can use :birthday:

Cheers taz.

what is it with you lot .we have some good and intesting people come on here .and when they past on a bit of their knowledge and insight to the likes of us. what do some of us on here do .

I DONT THINK SO

suzy

What are you on about :birthday:?:birthday:?:yay:

Suzy - I would appreciate being given an example. I contribute to 5 forums and this, together with Gundeals, is one of the most friendly. I see that people do not always agree and debate gets "robust", but this site is far less tolerant (and rightly so) of idiots who set out to stir up trouble. I was made to feel welcome from day one and have never regretted joining. Happy New Year to you and the rest of the Forum.

Gordon

If everybody was nice to each other and agreed all the time then ANY forum would be in danger of becoming a boring and dull place .

Can't see a problem myself has the majority of posters here are realistic and level headed but having a few bad apples is good for the entertainment value :birthday:

Mrs Sweepy has made her point and if people can't see the examples of what she is referring to, then she is not obliged to substantiate her comment.

Too often new members are unfairly jumped on and this has been commented on in the past.

We also had two threads over the weekend concerning the Sevenoaks shooting and the policewoman shooting, where attacks were made on the police and journalists and when members posted, who were in those professions, they received some unpleasant responses.

If people have had unfortunate experiences with members of any job group or profession, its not reasonable to assume all members of that job group or profession are exactly the same.

Hopefully, people will think a little more carefully how they respond in future.

We are often accused of being too censorial and tough in our moderating of this site, but its our intention to ensure that it remains a friendly and pleasant place to visit.

you only have to look on general banter ,in the last few days to see what i mean.

yes and i do know that a lot of it is done in a jovial way. but not always

but i was always bought up to respect people and their opinions .

and sometimes i think that is missing from here

and yes people do get upset by some of the comments that are aim at then .

if i or you think that was a bit below the belt .

what do the person it was aim at think

suzy

Well said Cranfield.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinions, that may not be shared by other people, thats why we are a free Country.

Unfortunately some people take a 'pop' at proffesions mentioned on these Forums and sometimes individuals.

In all professions they are good and not so good people, I am ex Police retired now, so feel confident to make that remark.

I had lots of friends in the job i would count as friends, and likewise lots of ex colleagues i would not cross the road to help if you see what i mean.

I like this site and other similar sites, they dont need spoiling by a minority few.

Oh and Happy new year to you all. Particularly you Mrs Sweepy lol. :birthday:

I DONT THINK SO

suzy

maybe its immaturaty, or narrowmindedness !!

they loose out !! less topics, less hints, less experience passed :birthday:

I agree 100% i voiced my opion on a recent posting and became a bit of a target for some of the less intelligent people on the forum, I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion and getting personal comments over posting an opinion ,that is not specifically aimed at an individual !should be moderated.!!

the forum would not become dull if everyone where pleasant to each other, if you are toting for arguments perhaps its time for pastures new and leave the grown ups to have conversations.

The forums have certainly taken a hostile turn of late,Im up for a laugh as much as the next man and i really dont see why we cant all play nice!

I see your point fully and i also am a member of many forums not all shooting based this site has some lets say "restraint " healthy and vigorous debate is more than often than not enjoyed by the participants and viewers and contains no intended malice or insults , Sometimes i believe that txt alone and not real communication crates huge misunderstandings .It is often difficult and time consuming to put across your point in a manor that could not possibly be taken out of context !!! Often if the people involved where to actual sat chatting in person !! On the same subject the would be less of an issue ,,

And then theres just the odd person who just has it in them to pick a fight or claim to be insulted, Its like there integrity and resolve disappears behind a keyboard ...

But i agree its often Nice to be nice !!

I agree 100% i voiced my opion on a recent posting and became a bit of a target for some of the less intelligent people on the forum, I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion and getting personal comments over posting an opinion ,that is not specifically aimed at an individual !should be moderated.!!

the forum would not become dull if everyone where pleasant to each other, if you are toting for arguments perhaps its time for pastures new and leave the grown ups to have conversations.

The forums have certainly taken a hostile turn of late,Im up for a laugh as much as the next man and i really dont see why we cant all play nice!

please explain this line.

i really dont see why we cant all play nice!

After writing this line.

I agree 100% i voiced my opion on a recent posting and became a bit of a target for some of the less intelligent people on the forum,

If people are getting upset by things that are posted on a web based forum, they need to get out more! so what if Barry from Aberdeen thinks all police officers are cocks - you dont know him, you will probably never meet him and its not like you have to get on because you live next door to him.

calm down people, its the internet.....