bisley meet.

flash

Air rifles or real big ban rifles or all rifles, we only do air springers but would love to shoot real ones if we could have a bit of instruction, do they do that down there.................

There was a bit of a swop thing going on, don`t worry Calamity, it was rifles etc. FM even beat a few seniors with a borrowed rifle in the stalking competition, so you will be able to try many calibres and many different rifles/scopes/bullet weights etc. etc.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Air rifles or real big ban rifles or all rifles, we only do air springers but would love to shoot real ones if we could have a bit of instruction, do they do that down there.................

There was a bit of a swop thing going on, don`t worry Calamity, it was rifles etc. FM even beat a few seniors with a borrowed rifle in the stalking competition, so you will be able to try many calibres and many different rifles/scopes/bullet weights etc. etc.

I won't be able to do that again if I tried. :)

Guest The Outlaw

:):angry: :angry:

Nice one "H" and thank you to all the kind offers of letting us have a go with your rifles lads.

Calam loves to play with powerful weapons :angry:

She wants me to take her to the USA to do an extreme shooting thing with machine guns pistols and big biys toys.

Tony

all are welcome to come to what ever they want, my only concern is people turning up on saturday without rifles as they have come for the clays, but having a crack on the rifles, its not been a problem so far, but given its quite an expensive weekend if your doing the whole lot, the more pay the more the cost gets spread out between us.

I would aim to keep rifle costs similar this year (£10-15 for the day depending on what ranges and numbers of we need) if not lower and clays will unless im told otherwise remain at £40 for 100ish sporting

As i suspect this will come up shortly and is quite a comon question, the 'bisley meet' will remain on the same day as the harleys visit (normally first weekend in august), as i think we will all agree it makes the evening. I may consider organising a rifle meet late spring, however this depends very much on my free time, as you lot take some chasing :angry:

could i possibly get some ideas from people as to what they thought of the competitions last year, too many, too few, just right?, also the number of ranges, as some got lots of shooting whilst others chose to simply chat.

I would intend to run the bench rest and stalkers test again this year as i think these were two good and for some, eye opening competitions.

So your thoughts are more than welcome, not to say i will listen :angry:, but im open to suggestions.

cheers for a great time last year guys :)

3 days = 6 pages, so by August this may well be 400 pages long :)

I think it was about right last year Nick, people have the option of doing competitions or not it's up to them

I agree about the cost, ther should be a nominal contibution for the 'have a go' people to cover spread the cost of the targets booked.

Looking at all the generous offers above, I think I will leave my rifles at home this year and shoot everyone elses :angry: I'll just bring beer and sausages :angry:

Guest The Outlaw

Calamity and I will gladly pay our way and we also have lots of shotties to bring with us for loaning out, got bundles of shells as well to keep costs down, 24gram and 28 gram. We have .410, 20 bore, 12 bore and a chance of a 10 bore but no ammo for that yet.

Tony

ollies first taste of alcohol. didnt you get slightly wet tom?

i remember you james getting a bit smashed aswell

So who's bringing the scooter's this year :good:???:blush::good::rolleyes::good:

ill bring my scooter pins was ******** last year as all the stunt riders bust it apart from wickedand lazy who did the front flips of mine lol

i will be there hopefuly with a c/f this year aswell

and a fair bit of beer

No ******* Hobgoblin (it's a BEER) this year....I will strive to procure enough Venison to sate Pin's bloodlust as long as he brings some of his excellant pigeon marinade.....Oh and Pin....please bring your Rubiks tent...laugh, I almost sobered up.

Edited by P03

The one thing that does need sorting is a good stereo. I flattened my car battery at Bisley 2006 and didnt want to risk it at Bisley 2007. And there was only so much you could take of WkD n LAZY's 'its ****** lemi singing ******* metalica' at fully distorted throttle. :good:

The one thing that does need sorting is a good stereo. I flattened my car battery at Bisley 2006 and didnt want to risk it at Bisley 2007. And there was only so much you could take of WkD n LAZY's 'its ****** lemi singing ******* metalica' at fully distorted throttle. :lol:

You philistines you don't appreciate good ******** music thats all. Will make sure i bring my death metal collection this year :lol: :lol:

The one thing that does need sorting is a good stereo. I flattened my car battery at Bisley 2006 and didnt want to risk it at Bisley 2007. And there was only so much you could take of WkD n LAZY's 'its ****** lemi singing ******* metalica' at fully distorted throttle. :lol:

Might have been wrong, but I observed the airgun club (who had that fox sat in their range half the Friday night) had mains power. Given we need to run a hifi, lets say we chip in 50p each to cover the leccy - sorted - we just need a longer lead and it's sorted!

You philistines you don't appreciate good ******** music thats all. Will make sure i bring my death metal collection this year :lol: :lol:

oh god ill bring lots of head ache tablets then :lol:

has anyone got a petrol genny we could use to run a wogbox of for the tunes

Guest The Outlaw
If it is on the weekend of 2nd/3rd August I have a genny we can use.

Who's this Genny bird ? I heard she's electric ! :rolleyes:

Sorry LV she only gets worked up for baldeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees <_<

Tony