Right then

Dunkield

owt less than £70- & i'd give them a miss...

a good hand stitched pair of plain dealers are good,& bliss on the feet, but bloody cold with leather soles, if ya can get a pair of 'Grafters' with rubber stitched tread, there sound & warm..& great support.

but for a shoot boot, go for catapillars !!

don't get to used to boots all year round , as ya'll get weak ankles & them twists , oooooooooouch !! hurt !! :lol:

Thanks for the (sensible) replies, MC and Pin I have met you both, lets just say if I was looking for fashion tips ..... well you know :lol:

It was just a thought as I saw them again in the BASC mag, I would prefer not to have slip ons.

These are the boots are dying, very slowly, they have looked no better than this for at least 5 years.

They are the comfortable things I have ever worn, and made by Claire or Clare can't remember which?

Either way they don't seem to made any more, and searching just brough up loads of steel toe cap ones that I don't want.

They must have the grippy DM sole, not the oil resistant slippy one.

Any ideas?

HPIM2334__WinCE_.JPG

Thanks for the (sensible) replies, MC and Pin I have met you both, lets just say if I was looking for fashion tips ..... well you know :lol:

It was just a thought as I saw them again in the BASC mag, I would prefer not to have slip ons.

These are the boots are dying, very slowly, they have looked no better than this for at least 5 years.

They are the comfortable things I have ever worn, and made by Claire or Clare can't remember which?

Either way they don't seem to made any more, and searching just brough up loads of steel toe cap ones that I don't want.

They must have the grippy DM sole, not the oil resistant slippy one.

Any ideas?

post-2157-1199566706.jpg

try searching the web for a pair of tricker boots the quqlity is outstanding (benchmade) and will last a lifetime but you will pay a little more for them.

Rob

i,ve got a pair (trickers) make.excelent boots had them for nearly 8 yrs BUT i paid £145 then.

Just been and got me some Trickers today. However even with 20% off they were still more than that :lol: .

Still i love em and if they last half that long they'll be worth it. :lol:

Farm supplies shops are the ONLY place to buy dealer boots! Countrywide (old North Western Farmers) is our local one. Previously I used a great farm supplies place just outside of Penrith, Cumbria (Yanwath - on the Tirril road - stop in Tirril for sausage & beer festival whilst your there too...oh and John Norris in Penrith too!) - massive selection of steel/non-steel etc. :lol: Might just be abit of a way for you to travel...unless your passing!! :lol:

I'm currently working my way through a pair of 'Tough Boots' which I think previously were 'Prospecta' (as they are identical to my old pair - which were Prospecta's!) Generally they last me 2 years as good/smart, then go into the field boot catagory where they last until the next pair aren't good enough for good/smart anymore. I never pay more than £45 (used to be £30...but with inflation etc!! :lol:) and always go for non-steel toecaps (but still rounded toe, think they may have an internal toughened leather toe to keep the shape) as steels go a weird shape quickly and are heavy/wear on the elasticated ankles. I use them nearly daily.

Had a quick search - looks like the Prospecta ones were the ones on this website called the Ranger boot - they do mail order too - £30 so within your budget!! http://www.footworkofshropshire.com/10040/info.php?p=3

Edited by Oly

i,ve got a pair (trickers) make.excelent boots had them for nearly 8 yrs BUT i paid £145 then.

Just been and got me some Trickers today. However even with 20% off they were still more than that :lol: .

Still i love em and if they last half that long they'll be worth it. :lol:

cant see why they should,nt last that long.they are a excelent hardwearing quality boot.as i said i have had mine for approx 8yrs now.

the slight issue is that for £145 you could nearly buy 5 pairs of dealer boots :lol:

Not sure I'd find them right for shooting in but then I normally just wear wellies in most weather

yes you are right you could buy a few pair of dealer boots for that sort of money but it is quality what you pay for , like i said i have had mine for around 8 yrs now.after wearing them a few yrs for dress i have worn mine in all terains although i must admit the waterproofing has now gone from them.