Police inspector kills himself with shotgun

pin

Man kills wife :huh: then kill in law :oops: then kills himself mmmmmm :unsure: :lol: Only one reason for man killing wife she may have cheated on him theres the motive Mother in law new of extra marital affair so would testify in court causing said Police man to serve a prison sentence in the company of criminals who he help convict :huh: thought of police officer is i will be picking up soap off the shower cubical floor for 30 years :lol::huh::oops::huh: kills in law in a panic to save his rectum :lol: :lol: realizes that this will implicate him even more and will be looking at two life sentences :lol: :lol: :lol: time to check out of the hotel life ... this is a possibility ??? ??? Oh well what did happen ???

OR WAS THERE A MORE SINISTER PLOT :lol: :lol: :look: MAYBE COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF MONEY WERE INVOLVED HE COULD OF BEEN ON THE TAKE £200.000 QUID WHY GRANT BAIL I AM CONFUSED , LOST OH SOD IT IM OFF TO SHOOT A PIGEON

I'd wager this deserves the award for most smileys in a post ever.

As it happens I got a board warning that there were too many, as I'd added a tounge-in-cheek one to the end.

Yes I read this morning he was on bail, awaiting trail for murdering his wife, I looked up his details on the CPSA members list and he was not on it,Hmmm, there arent many people allowed out on bail surely for murder??. :lol:

Without doubt there has been a gross error of judgement on the part of the legal system to allow this man charged with murder out on bail. The fact that he was a serving Police Officer has nothing to do with it. Anyone capable of a callous murder or even accused of being a murderer belongs behind bars for the safetyof the public. There would be few exceptions to that and this case is surely not one of them. Instead of the public focussing on the way he killed himself they would be better focussing on the fact that he was free to do it and kill another innocent person as well!! :unsure: :lol: :lol:

listening to the coverage of this on the radio today there seems to be limited references to the fact that he used a shottie or that he was on/near a shooting ground when he offed himself :lol: . As it's near where he lives I think the fact that the shooting ground was nearby is incidental. I think the real stink will start once the ownership of the gun he used is revealed :unsure:

Guest The Outlaw

I was chatting to Pirate about this one James, I hope to god it is an illegal gun and not registered as this will cause us legal shooters more grief and add fuel to the anti gun fire.

I assume he got it from a contact in his circle of crims that owed him one and to be honest they would think it was a good deal to get a police officer out of the way if they knew what he was going to do with it.

Either that or he had it stashed away after lifting it from a raid.

He sounds like scum to me and he is also a coward imho.

Tony

the paper today does call it an illegal firearm.

Reading the story I know its remote but there is a chance he was innocent. The wife cheated on him, the mother in law was convinced he did it and was a major witness. If he was innocent this would give him grounds for not being especially pleased with her. Whichever its a pretty sad event and I'm sure more will be revealed as time goes on

I would surmise that his guns, if any, were immediately confiscated after his wife's demise. Any certificate/licence should then have been suspended.

Therefore, in loose terms, any weapon in his hands could be construed as illegal, as would be for any non-certificate holder!!

I have a friend whose wife mysteriously disappeared under doubtful circumstances, his guns were taken away immediately, as he was a prime suspect.

They were only returned after he was no longer, under suspicion.

The only link with shotguns so far, happens to be where he was found, so let's hope coincidence is the only one.

Pirate:

I know a guy who had his firearms/sgc revoked and ended up with armed officers coming to collect his guns.

Would have assumed the same would have happened in this case.

As for the gun, did he turn up at the ground when it was open and "borrowed" one then topped himself.

Ahh well...................such is life.

But does make you wonder how come he was out on bail.

As for offing the mother in law with a cable tie............Ill have to remember that for future refference.

Reading the story I know its remote but there is a chance he was innocent. The wife cheated on him, the mother in law was convinced he did it and was a major witness. If he was innocent this would give him grounds for not being especially pleased with her. Whichever its a pretty sad event and I'm sure more will be revealed as time goes on

I dont know if his wife was playing away or not, the story I read said he killed his wife when she asked for a divorce, either way that dosent excuse him to kill the wife and m-in law.

I doubt it was one of Broomhills guns as it is unlikely they would hire out one of their club guns to a non-SGC holder without close supervision.

There is a fair possiblilty that he could acquire a firearm illegally. Aside from the obvious illegal sources, there are no doubt a fair number of pre-'68 licensing period shotguns still collecting dust forgotten in attics across the country. Athlough licensing came into force in 1965 there was no registration on tickets till 1968.

Getting back to the obvious illegal sources; our border control seems to leak like a sieve as it is. As it has previously been said; he would know where to go to acquire an illegal firearm if he wished to.

In Australia "ghost firearms" ie: handed into police for destruction have later turned up at crime-scenes, Which is rather worrying.

mr_colt.

Edited by mr_colt

I dont know if his wife was playing away or not, the story I read said he killed his wife when she asked for a divorce, either way that dosent excuse him to kill the wife and m-in law.

he was being tried for killing his wife, but he wasn't arrested for it straight away, there was a suicide note etc. The police and mother in law obviously didn't believe this, but were it true it might explain his actions a bit more as killing the mother in law as well as himself is a bit strange otherwise

This episode has brought back bad memories for me, a few years back I found the body of a guy who'd shot himself on land I had permission to shoot over, (ironically within a few miles of Broomhills).

I can assure you it was a truly awful sight, made worse for me because having reported it to the police, they asked me what I was doing behind the hedgerow where the body lay, (I had stopped to have a look around because the guys car had been there all night and was left unlocked), I ended up in the back of the police car as murder suspect No 1.

They only let me go after they'd phoned his wife who confirmed he'd gone off with the shotgun and hadn't been back, apparently he'd also been suffering from depression, poor bloke.

Cat.

Guest The Outlaw
This episode has brought back bad memories for me, a few years back I found the body of a guy who'd shot himself on land I had permission to shoot over, (ironically within a few miles of Broomhills).

I can assure you it was a truly awful sight, made worse for me because having reported it to the police, they asked me what I was doing behind the hedgerow where the body lay, (I had stopped to have a look around because the guys car had been there all night and was left unlocked), I ended up in the back of the police car as murder suspect No 1.

They only let me go after they'd phoned his wife who confirmed he'd gone off with the shotgun and hadn't been back, apparently he'd also been suffering from depression, poor bloke.

Cat.

Thats an unfortunate incident Cat, it does cause traumer for many more people than the people that take this action realise.

Still they do it, it must be a total mess in thier heads to even contemplate it.

Tony

Cat.

Jeez, your worst nightmare... :good:

Guest The Outlaw

A chap I used to banger race with did it in a car with his girlfriend sitting next to him, sbs in his mouth and both barrels, very traumatic and messy, I also feel sorry for the people that have to clean it up and recover things. Even though it is thier job it must still be very hard for them. There is always more than one victim of suicide, I hope the shooting ground and the good name of our sport recover from this case.

Tony