Police inspector kills himself with shotgun

pin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7185769.stm

Just up the road from me, clay shooting police inspector charged with murder out on £200,000 bail has shot himself at a clay ground. Looks like he's offed the mother-in-law in the morning then turned the gun on himself in the grounds of the shooting club.

Story says he'd had his ticket revoked, still going to be some bad press for use - tin hats on!

There is more to come out I am sure. The mother in law was going to testify against him so he's offed her, what I don't get is if you were going to kill yourself anyway why off someone?

Mind he's clearly guilty or he wouldn't have done the mother in law in, and then he's killed himself so we'll probably never know. I don't understand why he'd go do it at a clay ground either, I mean I can understand if you were going to off someone doing it where there is loads of other gunfire makes some kind of sick sense - but shooting yourself there is odd. Not like it matters if someone hears the shot, you'll be dead anyway..

Like I say more to come out of this one I think..

I am not entirely sure the system is a joined up as some think, not yet at least. This is an open forum so I am not about to go saying what I really want to as I don't think it's in the public interest.

Save to say I don't think having your ticket revoked would stop you from obtaining a gun from somewhere you were well known, especially a policeman. After all the license is revoked, you decide you can't find it, ok you ain't licensed but you still have a ticket...

Edited by pin

I am not entirely sure the system is a joined up as some think, not yet at least. This is an open forum so I am not about to go saying what I really want to as I don't think it's in the public interest.

Save to say I don't think having your ticket revoked would stop you from obtaining a gun from somewhere you were well known, especially a policeman. After all the license is revoked, you decide you can't find it, ok you ain't licensed but you still have a ticket...

I'm sure it would have been big news if he had his ticket revoked in the area, maybe a bit of common sense would have prevented this. remember the murder happened over a year ago so everyone would have known especially the ground owner!

Edited by myuserid

I'm sure it would have been big news if he had his ticket revoked in the area, maybe a bit of common sense would have prevented this. remember the murder happened over a year ago so everyone would have known especially the ground owner!

true, but they may have all known him, believed in INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY and therefore had no trouble with him using guns.

tbh I am not surprised that a copper who was facing 20 years inside has offed himself, shame he didnt go off a bridge or something though. would have saved the sport he obviously took part in some trouble, thats for sure.

Depends on what you read or who you believe at the moment..

But a couple of local reports I've heard (living no more than 1 mile from the ground) is that he did NOT have a ticket and was NOT a member of the club there...

It's early days, but give it time and the real truth will come out.

Guest The Outlaw
There is more to come out I am sure. The mother in law was going to testify against him so he's offed her, what I don't get is if you were going to kill yourself anyway why off someone?

Mind he's clearly guilty or he wouldn't have done the mother in law in, and then he's killed himself so we'll probably never know. I don't understand why he'd go do it at a clay ground either, I mean I can understand if you were going to off someone doing it where there is loads of other gunfire makes some kind of sick sense - but shooting yourself there is odd. Not like it matters if someone hears the shot, you'll be dead anyway..

Like I say more to come out of this one I think..

If he had his sgc revoked he would have to do it where there was a section 11:6 in force.

I hope he rots the scum bag not just because he is a police officer but because he is a coward and cant face the consequences.

Shame about the mum-in-law and his poor wife.

Tony

just down the road to me as well, it does only mention a field near broomhills and it is a pretty quiet area if he had gone to think about topping himself. The worst bit about the story is topping the mother in law with a cable tie, that is a pretty nasty way to go and I guess one would do the job very well once tightened you certainly wouldn't get it off.

Man kills wife :huh: then kill in law :oops: then kills himself mmmmmm :unsure: :lol: Only one reason for man killing wife she may have cheated on him theres the motive Mother in law new of extra marital affair so would testify in court causing said Police man to serve a prison sentence in the company of criminals who he help convict :huh: thought of police officer is i will be picking up soap off the shower cubical floor for 30 years :lol::huh::oops::huh: kills in law in a panic to save his rectum :lol: :lol: realizes that this will implicate him even more and will be looking at two life sentences :lol: :lol: :lol: time to check out of the hotel life ... this is a possibility ??? ??? Oh well what did happen ???

OR WAS THERE A MORE SINISTER PLOT :lol: :lol: :look: MAYBE COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF MONEY WERE INVOLVED HE COULD OF BEEN ON THE TAKE £200.000 QUID WHY GRANT BAIL I AM CONFUSED , LOST OH SOD IT IM OFF TO SHOOT A PIGEON

Edited by funky