What type Of Shoots Do YOU Prefer??

oozelumbird

I recently had to change where i shoot to avoid my soon to be ex wife, i always used a very nice clay ground called Coniston Shooting Ground. Where you had Skeet/DTL/Sporting etc, plenty of trappers etc 7 days a week. But i now use the local sunday shoots in my area, the type held in fields where you help wheel out the launchers. Well ive never enjoyed my shooting so much. There more friendly and i think show real skill if you can shoot them well. SO which do you prefer? i cant be alone on this one :unsure:

We run a small members club run by members for the members (and occasional guests)

i find it much more fun and less formal.....

i have met some right snobby gets at "proper" grounds.....come to think of it i met some even snobbier gets at a very small club run by members....( who now are desperate for support due to their *subsidised shooting* now being withdrawn)

It varies, I like new grounds that I have not shot before, I like the smaller shoots too and vary between competitions or local on a Sunday.

Guaranteed the Krieghoff possy will show up from time to time, notice not many of them shoot sporting, choosing the terribly predictable DTL to go and be ####s at :blink:

Guaranteed the Krieghoff possy will show up from time to time, notice not many of them shoot sporting, choosing the terribly predictable DTL to go and be ####s at :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We've got a sporting Krieghoff possy round here. :lol:

Miserable bunch of inbred up-themselves ****s :blink: . They can shoot though, I'll give 'em that :good:

I like the little local sunday shoots. My dad stopped shooting for over 10 years because it got too competative in the circle of friends he use to shoot with. He seems to quite enoy coming to the odd local shoot with me and having a bit of a pop. You seem to get a more varied mix of people at the Sunday shoots.

I like all shoots :blink:

I get a real buzz from the competitiveness of registered shoots and championships, as well as meeting new people at other grounds.

I think I would call it a day though if I had to give up my local shoots, mucking in and helping out is all part of the fun. :good:

I like my local hay bale shoot. It only runs during the summer (it's a wildfolwers club that runs it), it's cheap (£8/50 birds), only every fortnight but different stands each occasion. The guys i shoot with there are a good lot, one is a rather good shot and will offer up helpful advise every now and again.

Can't wait till April!

Definitely the local 'straw-bale' shoots, especially if there is a friendly pub with good food, nearby. What better, in the Midlands, than 'Holly Bush' at Ebstree? Good shooting, great pub and fantastic food! Rock on!

For good Skeet layouts, sporting, good food, gunsmith and Gunshop, DOVERIDGE!!!!!!!!

Edited by Floating Chamber