Clay shooting,,,,,,DODGY GUN

Balaclave

I went clay shooting today and rented a 12g over and under.It mis-fired about 5 times on the top barrel so i had to use it single shot most of the time.It them mis-fired on both barrels and i lowered the gun slowly to the ground and the top barrels went off and blew a hole in the ground.

I took it back and changed to a semi auto and loved it and im never using anything but semi auto again.

PS

Does anyone know here you can buy gun clamps from as i only want one shot gun.

Regards

Not sure a semi auto is any less likely to miss fire than O\U, but I may be incorrect. At the end of the day if the internals are worn or damaged then this will cause a miss fire.

Where abouts were you shooting?

As for the gun clamp, I only have 1 shotty, and see no need for another at the moment, but still bought a cabinet. It is only 3 gun, but a lot lot safer than a clamp. You may find the FEO will much tougher on the other security at your premises such as windows, doors and alarm, if you choose to use a clamp.

P.S. Fill in some of your profile info so we know a bit more about you.

This is an extract from the Lincolnshire Police website and I think you may find its the attitude of most Police Forces, rightly or wrongly.

"2. Gun Clamps

Gun clamps are an effective way to store individual guns but unless the clamps are positioned in a particular way they provide little or no security for the gun. (As your supplier for installation details). From a security point of view the gun clamp should be used only in addition to other security, i.e. within a substantial lockable receptacle."

You would be better off getting a small cabinet.

What did the Shooting Ground say was the reason the gun "misfired" ?

I would estimate that in the last 2 years I have fired maybe 20,000 shells accross 10 to 15 different guns and not once have I experienced or seen such a thing.

In 2 years I have had maybe 15 miss fires, 10 of which would have been D&J's.

Me thinks this is more poop from the poop meister general.

Tell it to the Roses matey.

I would estimate that in the last 2 years I have fired maybe 20,000 shells accross 10 to 15 different guns and not once have I experienced or seen such a thing.

I hope you have protected your hearing throughout the 20k shells "young man" :devil:

:lol: Gramps.

I went clay shooting today and rented a 12g over and under.It mis-fired about 5 times on the top barrel so i had to use it single shot most of the time.It them mis-fired on both barrels and i lowered the gun slowly to the ground and the top barrels went off and blew a hole in the ground.

I took it back and changed to a semi auto and loved it and im never using anything but semi auto again.

PS

Regards

Hmmm,

If you believe this one, you'll believe anything.

Cat.

PS

Regards

I'm not sure I belive this for two reasons.

1 I don't belive any gun that is rented would be in such a dangerous state.

2 I have been to three different Clay shoot sites and I have borrowed guns

from the organisers in each place. So why rent?

taz.

Precisely. Poop-poop :lol:

Did I tell you about the time my water pistol kept jamming and ended up in hospital with water retention? :devil:

Just look at this chap's topics. They all run along the same lines. A plausable situation, with an almost comical mistruth in the middle.

My favourite is from the ballache post

Do you think i will have to go to hosi for an ultrasound.Last time i went to hospital was because i had some salt peter in my eye from chemistry and i fainted because of all the death and sickness.Im a bit of a coward like that.

:lol:

Edited by russuk

Just look at this chap's topics. They all run along the same lines. A plausable situation, with an almost comical mistruth in the middle.

My favourite is from the ballache post

Do you think i will have to go to hosi for an ultrasound.Last time i went to hospital was because i had some salt peter in my eye from chemistry and i fainted because of all the death and sickness.Im a bit of a coward like that.

:lol:

Perhaps he's one of these....

:devil::blush: :blush: :ermm::D

Did I tell you about the time my water pistol kept jamming and ended up in hospital with water retention? :lol:

This is quite a common occurance and can be cured in two ways.

Next time it happens:

First you must position your gun, barrel downwards in your waistband "Gangsta" style.

Then you must either insist on wearing drainpipe trousers or ask someone close by for a tap on the leg :devil::blush:

Did I tell you about the time my water pistol kept jamming and ended up in hospital with water retention? :ermm:

This is quite a common occurance and can be cured in two ways.

Next time it happens:

First you must position your gun, barrel downwards in your waistband "Gangsta" style.

Then you must either insist on wearing drainpipe trousers or ask someone close by for a tap on the leg :D:no:

:no::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :devil::blush: :blush:

Tanks for the advice, I hose you one :lol:

Conversely, I have owned two guns from new, one was a Lanber Field and the other a Beretta Silver Pigeon, both were dogged with the problem of not automatically switching to the second barrel, after the first was fired.

This created a "misfire".

The Lanber was mended three times over two years and the Beretta twice over two years, I part exchanged them both for new guns.

So, it can happen.

I would also mention that sometimes things get posted for a reaction.

No reaction - no posts.