alternative to pigeon magnet

pete evans

ern, thats interesting about the Daimler Dart.

The first time I was caught speeding (on a motorbike aged 17, me not the bike), it was by two policemen in a Daimler "Dart".

They used them as pursuit cars, which was a bit over the top when stopping me, as I was only doing 40 in a 30 zone. ;)

ern, thats interesting about the Daimler Dart.

The first time I was caught speeding (on a motorbike aged 17, me not the bike), it was by two policemen in a Daimler "Dart".

They used them as pursuit cars, which was a bit over the top when stopping me, as I was only doing 40 in a 30 zone. :P

;) The Metropolitan Police bought 17 of them painted black for the sole purpose of combatting the ton up boys who used London bridge on a Saturday night.

The unusual thing about them was that they were automatics and the joke at the factory was that their feet were too big to use 3 pedals. :blink:

At the 1961/62 and 63 motor shows i had many requests for performance figures from the ton up boys so that they knew what they were up against.

Got stopped by the police in 1 myself when taking the works demonstrator to Earls Court but they only wanted to chat about the car and how the performance of theirs compared to the manual transmission version that i was driving B)

You have stirred up many happy memories by mentioning the SP250 Cranfield.

was TOYING with the idea of buying one but cant afFORD it.they look quite a porche bit of kit but dont want to merc another mistake.any new bit of gear astra be tried,though i wouldnt be reliant on it.of corsa it looks good but would it make the pigeons focus on it ? a cavalier idea i think,although it looked a good discovery.

sorry gents,got too much time on my hands 1 ;)

How are these

Hillman MINX

Singer Gazelle

we could always keep our eyes open in the early morning for the Riley ELF, or admire the beauty of the Triumph MAYFLOWER.

Strooth I actually worked on these, happy days.

My dad once had a combination powered by a PANTHER motor cycle,single cylinder 650cc. If anyone knows of the whereabouts of such a machine please get in touch.

webber

Oh ye of little faith, the device works perfectly well on astro turf, so all you need to do is sprinkle a little clover & cress seeds, water & wait, if your astro turf is indoors ,such as in a sports hall be sure to open the windows to enable the pigeon to drop into your pattern.As I have said on numerous posts, my kit invariably consists of either a few shell deeks or dead woodies,gun, cartridges. I really can,t be ***** to schlepp the kitchen sink around.But yes Tony Orchards Apple floaters take some beating. Salopian.

Ern,

Any news of a repeat performance? Have ordered a set of water wings B)

:P Had a text from YP Saturday and he will be back in here any day now.Think he is tied up with harvesting at the moment.

Suppose he will plough all the stubble in before inviting us up again though. :blink:

Not that i remember much about the shooting last time anyway, more of a WET weekend if the truth be known. (In more ways than one.) ;)