Ranges are now booked for the following,

Saturday 2 nd August

2 x 100yards all day

1 x 200 yards all day

Sunday 3rd August

1 x 100 yards AM

1 x 300 yards all day

1 x 600 yards PM.

If you have read the post about Bisley being closed this weekend ignore it, it was the NRA getting their knickers in a twist.

Cheers

Martin

PS start saving for your beer

600 freakin' yards ?? <_<

I could probably shoot, stand up, look through the binoculars and still have to wait for the sand splash.

its actually realy fun mate i was doing 800 last weekend and you will need more than binoculars lol

we should have bucked the 1200 yds bench rest on sticaldown range now that is fun i had a go last august

I could probably shoot, stand up, look through the binoculars and still have to wait for the sand splash.

its actually realy fun mate i was doing 800 last weekend and you will need more than binoculars lol

we should have bucked the 1200 yds bench rest on sticaldown range now that is fun i had a go last august

what sort of grouping do you get at that range?

i've fired at a vehicle about 850 yards out, i have no idea of the grouping but i could see the tracer and the amount of drop on the round was huge!!!

At 600 yards probably something like 3 inches depending on the wind. But that is fairly loose.

At 1200 yards who knows

Good idea not to eat beans before shooting then? 3" groups? What are you using a shotgun? That's not a group, it's a pattern! <_<:lol::lol:

Not at all Bob,

You can even use my rifle if you want,

3" groups at 600 yards or you buy all the beer for the weekend.

I notice that you did not mention the quid in this challenge? We will see this Saturday how your beast performs against my 177 Diana with the Tesco scope, lidl barrel, pallet grade wood stock and Sainsbury's "not just ammo". I don't normally do this close in stuff, jeez, it's more like hand to hand combat. It would be more sporting to throw knives at that range.

what sort of grouping do you get at that range?

i've fired at a vehicle about 850 yards out, i have no idea of the grouping but i could see the tracer and the amount of drop on the round was huge!!!

if my memory serves me right at 1200 the grooping was about 8.5'' i was pritty chufed even tho i only got one V bull but the rest were bulls and iners

and last week at 800 i came second was beet by one point thanks to on the last shot i got a inner.

just a quick question how much cash are you guys takeing?

I think we are looking at about £15-20 per day. (sat and sunday) plus £45 (maybe less) for clays

Maybe a small fee for camping if they get wise to us

Plus about the same again for liquids.

just a quick question how much cash are you guys takeing?

I think we are looking at about £15-20 per day. (sat and sunday) plus £45 (maybe less) for clays

Maybe a small fee for camping if they get wise to us

Plus about the same again for liquids.

For clarity, Nick meant "the same" as is £45/day, not £15-20/day :rolleyes: