beware of the horsebox

double barrel

how about changing the game plan, get caught speeding once, 1month driving ban no fine, twice 3 month ban no fine and so on, I'll tell you it would stop me speeding..............and for the record I have never been done for speeding.

whats your name pc brunstrom. how are you going to explain to your boss that you wont be in for a month because i was 5mph over the limit.

your allowed 10% +2 mph to allow for inaccurate speedos, anymore than that and depending on the road, conditions etc your asking for a fine

10% +2 mph, is that law, or an urban legend? I can't say that I have seen it in the Highway Code.

10%+2mph is a GUIDANCE that officers are at liberty to use should they choose to. it should not be relied upon. as soon as you are over the speed limit, you break the law!

i got caught in north wales 2 weeks ago they offered me a speed awarness course to save me the 3 points , but it is 4 hours there and 4 hours back if i do not speed. lol lol .so to me it is only a way of making money from the guy in the street to ease the govs over spending [£60 still payable ] that is the fee for the course . tony

It is hard to argue against speed cameras because if you speed you are breaking the law, speed kills blah blah blah, OK then if speed cameras are all about stoping speeding and nothing about raking in £££££££, how about changing the game plan, get caught speeding once, 1month driving ban no fine, twice 3 month ban no fine and so on, I'll tell you it would stop me speeding..............and for the record I have never been done for speeding.

Oh c,mon!! bud,... I dont suppose you see many speed camera,s up there in the Highlands?.... down here in the heavily populated arears in some parts you have speed cameras every 100 yards or so!!.....Just to make most of us cough up in fines to pay for this unlawfull war in Iraq and Afghanistan , WHICH? lets be honest, does not make it OK, for British and American soldiers to Die in these godforesaken parts of planet Earth,....... We Brits are? .... or was a proud race.!!!! Why are we being manipulated to fight ,and die, for people who, in my opinion, are not worth one drop of British, or American Blood?..... I am now an old man in military terms, But I would honestly lay down my life, for all the right things of our British /American, ways of life!!Because make no mistake, these servants/ Oops sorry, our new Labour .... MP,s servants who have voted thereselves our masters??? have decried we must obey their EVIL ways of obeying their new world order, of Life, as they know it...... B*******S...... For Gods Sake, Help us. :good::drinks:

Law changes

LAST year rules which meant police partnerships were required to make cameras conspicuous and clearly signposted, were changed.

But they were no longer allowed to keep a proportion of the money they made from speeding fines, following protests that police had a financial incentive to catch drivers.

The partnerships now receive a fixed grant but they are no longer bound by the rules that stated that fixed speed cameras had to be visible.

how about changing the game plan, get caught speeding once, 1month driving ban no fine, twice 3 month ban no fine and so on, I'll tell you it would stop me speeding..............and for the record I have never been done for speeding.

whats your name pc brunstrom. how are you going to explain to your boss that you wont be in for a month because i was 5mph over the limit.

your allowed 10% +2 mph to allow for inaccurate speedos, anymore than that and depending on the road, conditions etc your asking for a fine

10% +2 mph, is that law, or an urban legend? I can't say that I have seen it in the Highway Code.

Guys, please look at the date, it's april 1st today.........

This wasent intended as an april fool.......and I wouldent have to explain to the boss, I am my own boss, none driving troops would be laid off tho, it is my idea of how speed cameras could be used to stop speeding and not used to make loads of money.

One of my friend is a motorway patrol driver and he has told me as well as quite a few other people that you have the 10% + 2

he has told us if you get done and your ticket is under the 10% + 2 then go to court and the courts will through the case out as the cameras are not that accurate...

A few years ago i got done the ticket landed on the door mat, i rang them and said i would like to see proof so arranged to go down to see photo while i was there asked the question how did they know the camera was accurate...

You will never believe this i was told it was accurate as it had been tested that morning, when asked how they said it was tested by a police patrol car my answer was how do you know the patrol car is correct, he said because its a police car and they are checked every time it is in for service..

Still got 3 points and £30 fine but they havent caught me since....

That plate is currently on a Landrover Disco

Would that be a green discovery like the one in front of the trailer. :):D:)

Ok I should have said that plate is currently registered to a landrover discovery, the one towing the horsebox, Im not blind, the point being that if it wasnt.....

:):lol::yes:

:hmm: D2D

Thats not legle thats entrapment

if you aren't committing a crime, there is nothing to be entrapped over...

we generally have it very easy with speed cameras here, in some european countries they are hidden in bins, hedges etc etc and are completely out of view. at least the majority of ours are visible to anyone who is actually paying attention to the road!

Oh pleeeze roll on the day you get caught for speeding you self righteous *******! :lol:

A few posts have been removed as being unacceptable and other posts responding to them have also been removed for the sake of sense.

Lets have no more personal insults and bad language, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

If you can't debate or argue decently, then don't bother.

not a matter of being self righteous, its a matter of understanding when you are breaking the law. I have been caught speeding (although not for 5 years now, but i still remember that at junction 18 of the M62 on 29/03/2003 I can be 99% certain I was driving in excess of the posted 50mph speedlimit.)

should i be caught again i would accept it and get on with my life.

yes I speed, yes I drive an exceedingly quick car, yes I understand that if I break the law, I will be punished if caught.

:blush:

Edited by J@mes

CX04 X0Z is one hell of a number plate

That plate is currently on a Landrover Disco,

See www.askmid.com can be lots of fun snooping on the boy racers :good:

Suprising when the vicars plate should be on something else :good:

:blush: D2D

How did you tell it was on a disco?

All the website told me was yes my vehicle was on the list but not what it was?

not a matter of being self righteous, its a matter of understanding when you are breaking the law. I have been caught speeding (although not for 5 years now, but i still remember that at junction 18 of the M62 on 29/03/2003 I can be 99% certain I was driving in excess of the posted 50mph speedlimit.)

should i be caught again i would accept it and get on with my life.

yes I speed, yes I drive an exceedingly quick car, yes I understand that if I break the law, I will be punished if caught.

:good:

Ha Ha Ha! in your own words to my earlier reply! ......GOOD! :blush:

CX04 X0Z is one hell of a number plate

That plate is currently on a Landrover Disco,

See www.askmid.com can be lots of fun snooping on the boy racers :o

Suprising when the vicars plate should be on something else :stupid:

:blush: D2D

How did you tell it was on a disco?

All the website told me was yes my vehicle was on the list but not what it was?

Hi Dr W, top left shows a yellow mock up no plate with the number you have entered, under it should show make and model, it will also confirm if the vehicle is showing on the database as being insured.

Try a few other numbers known to yourself, I dont know why your vehicle is not showing the model details :o :good::/

:good: D2D