webber - an announcement.

Cranfield

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about shaving? Will it grow back or will it be "patchy" (is that a word)

Save you a few skekels in the quartro's

Jonno

Jonno

I've not shaved as there are still scabs lurking underneath. The last thing that I wany to do is introduce infwction.

Mrs. webber has returned from shopping sporting a new razor for me. My brother sat in with me whilst she went out. It looks like the new drugs coctail is doing its job. I've brrn out of it since about 3pm, I dont think that I said more than two words to David.

Mike called round with a wireless door bell. I've now got nurse webber on call, at the push of a button. I've needed her a few times in the night and been unable to raise her attention. I think that the buzzer will do the job.

I can feel the next dose of jollop kicking in now, so need to sign off.

webber

Each minute will seem like an hour for now, but in time you will look back and it will all seem like seconds. Keep your chin up and positive thinking!!

I'm looking forward to the next PW National Squirrel & Woodpigeon day- are you??

H

I awoke about 1/2 hour ago, and have had a good sleep, only disturbed once in the night as I required the loo. I can confirm that the buzzer works, mucht o the delight of me, not quite so for the soup dragon. If I were to ask McF to take her photo she would stick his camere up his you know what.

I am totally dependant on my wife, I doubt that I am the best patient, so shes glad when the new drugs regime knocks me out of it. Shes not in the best of health herself, she had only been out of hospital a week when I was hurt, she's waiting for an opperation which has been postponed whilst she looks after me. Once I'm recovered and mobile again it will be my turn to play nurse. Whats the betting that the batteries will be flat in the buzzer Ha Ha.

The burn to my ankle is deep and is about 1 1/2 inches wide and runs all roind my ankle except for about 1/2 inch. It was caused by the top of my socks burning above the top of my boot. Unfortunatley for me, but fortunatley for Billy, Martin stopped cutting off my pants and went into the building to recover Billy whom I could see walking around in a circle, not getting out, with his clothes and hair on fire. I keep having flash backs, one is of a magnesium white blinding flash, the other is seeing Billy in the building on fire and Martin entering the building. My doctor has requested some counciling, I hope it works. I sstill occasionally have a terrible dream about an accident which happened about 30 years ago. Several men were trapped in a machine, I had to get some of them out, the worst bit was getting my mate out, as I removed some parts I could see that both his legs were badly damaged, one was off beloe the knee, the other was still attached, but only just. That experirnce has never left me, but I never recieved any counseling or anyhting, not even a well done Johnny!

webber

Go for it. You've been through a lot and I think it may be due. Anything that helps has got to be good for you and if the NHS is going to be paying for it... Either way, we are taxpayers on here and I don't doubt that everyone on here would mind their tax being spent on you.

Oh yeah, forgot to post this when I saw the comment about a wheelchair... Linky-link If you are going to have to get around, get around in style!

Take care mate.

Thanks Bigden. I've just awoke and the paper was on my bed.

I'm very proud of Martin, and what he did for Billy and myself. He's a cracking lad , his mum was in tears when she read the article to me. I have to admit that for a brief moment I joined her.

webber

Webber,

Definately do the therapy. Having worked in search & Rescue, and underwater recovery, all I can say is that it helps to just talk to someone that is trained to listen and to help you come to terms. I have been involved in some horrific situations and with out these people I would be a complete nutter.

Dan

Good to see you looking better, hope the ankle improves soon.

Glad (for Mrs Webber) that the new drugs are kicking in or it could have been medicine served off a cricket bat for you!!! Probably followed by two doorbell battery suppositories :good:

Get the councilling, that's what they're there for.

Keep your chin up mate.

WGD

p.s. I'm with Henry, can we not get a picture of your nurses?

I've had another good night, so it seems that the new drugs are working. My ankle still batters if I try to put any weight onto it, so I'm still on crutches for mobility, and tired most of the time.

For those that are interested here is a link to a local newspapers article about Martin and the incident.

http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/display.var...._blast_hero.php

webber

MvF payed me a visit yesterday, and pronounced me much improved. He brought with him a rabbit pi.e made by his own fare hand to a recepie obtained via PW. I thoroughly enjoyed the pie, I've just troughed half for my tea. I guess that my son Martin will trough the remainder.

I've been back to the hospital again today for my weekly check up. My ankle has now started to heal, but it looks like it will be a long job. I can now walk short distances without the aid of a crutch, but I quickly get tired. I'm still doing a lot of sleeping, and guess thats the effect of the painkillers.

Many thanks to all the PW members who have show and offered their support in various ways, it is much appreciated, and will never be forgoten.

webber

It's good to hear that you ankle is getting better at last. Walking is a really good thing too, you're obviously getting stronger again which is great.

I'll take your word for it that the rabbit pie was good. I've never managed to make anything nice out of rabbit but I guess that's just me! It's good that your eating is getting easier and you can start to enjoy food again.

You're a genuine nice bloke, and I think I can speak for all of us when I say we're all happy to help out if we can. If I was nearer I'd have brought you a rabbit pie and some magazines too :rolleyes:

Mrs. webber had a very nice surprise at lunchtime today when she was presented with a very nice bunch of flowers and a box of Belgian chocolates courtesy of PIGEON WATCH. I suspect that Teal and Cranfield are behind this very king gesture, which was totaly unexpected. Many thanks to everyone.

I now have a confession to make! Although I am diabetic, I could not resist the dark chocolate caramel, which I managed to liberate from the box whilst her attention was distracted by a knock at the door. It's a pity that theres only one in the box, and that for now at least, the chocolates are placed out of my reach.

I've just finished an interview with an investigator; not a pleasant experience, as I have had to go through the whole episode step by step. I have another one comeing on Thursday.

webber

glad to hear your mending.

it all takes time,

hope you wern`t too disturbed by having to talk about the accident , got to be done though.

well done to whoever got your wife the gifts, I`m sure she appreciated them.

any more news on the award for martin?