webber - an announcement.

Cranfield

Hang in there Webber :good:

Rememebr everyone has different ways of dealing with mess. I keep quiet and let time/thinking sort it out, I dont like to involve other people in my problems, but for some people, just talking and being heard does a really big favour in helping deal with issues that get you down. However luckily I dont have any traumatic scenes in my head (yet) aso in your shoes I cannot say what best other then to get enough rest both mentally and phyiscally before getting back to work, or talking to anyone about whats one your mind.

I hope you recover quick, and get back on your feet 100% in good time.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Webber - from one Dbtc to another - the old habits are the worst ones to beat eh? I'm sure with all the sleeping you are doing your BS's shouldn't need too much controlling. Go for the counseling mate - it takes time but is worth it in the end - no matter how daft and useless it seems in the early stages.

Keep getting better man :blush:

All the best

Pushkin :D

I nipped out for 10 minutes after tea with No.1 son and hero, to place my cross in an appropriate place. The walk was much further from the car than I had reckoned, and has resulted in me being knackered. I shall await the results with interest, I do hope that the exceptional effort was worth it.

webber

Glad to hear that you are on the mend, just hurry up as it will soon be time to get out and enjoy those Pigeons.

All the best Webber.

It must of been a shock for your son to see you like that but after reading the artical you are a very lucky man.

Just get better and enjoy yourself

All the best

Ian

I had a visit late this afternoon from fellow PW member Mr.Potter, who kindly offered to loan me some of his shooting related DVDs. The meeting was excellent and interesting. Although we had never previously met, he offered to bring the items over, and have a chat. A couple of hours later we are good mates and shall break some clays, hopefully in the not too distant future when I am capable of shooting again. The time that Mr. Potter spent with me was the longest period of time that I have been awake since the new drugs. As the advert says " it pays to talk".

The goodwill and generosity of PW members continues to stagger me. I can only continue to thank everyone for their goodwill gestures.

webber

Our shoot secretary came to visit me on Thursday afternoon, we had a good chat. Whilst he was with me, the keeper telephoned to enquire if I fancied a ride around the shoot whilst he checked the traps and fed the remaining birds. Come on down!!

So Ian and Mike kindly came and collected me, we spent about 2 hours on the shoot, and shared some ideas for future improvements.

McF came to visit me last night, his first comment was how well I looked. It must be the fresh air on the shoot and the good company.

Ive just returned from the shoot, mrs. webbers first comments were how much better I looked. I have to admit that I do feel much better. If my ankle would heal, I would be able to walk properly, but it look like a long job.

webber

Now that all the dead and burned skin have gone, my face looks like I have spent too long in the sun. I have to apply moisturiser to my face and other healed burns twice a day.

The consultant says no sunshine for 2 years. I dont think that he realises who he is dealing with! but I will be sporting the latest total bock and my wide brimmed shooting hat which is decorated with various shooting related badges. I now have an excuse to wear it!

webber

McF picked me up this morning and took me to join a working party on the shoot. My shooting stick saw good service. I was'nt of much use, but I did manage to pass the nails and staples.

My son is in the process of converting my quad bike gear change from foot operated to hand operated. It should be quite simple to do, and should be ready for the next working party a week on Sunday.

LancsLad managed once again to escape the working party. He is currently in USA on holiday, and will no doubt have some tales to tell on his return.

webber

• 2 weeks later...

I had a visit from my doctor this morning. It seems that my diabeties control is shot, so he's changed my medication.

He is conserned about my speach, and is arranging a brain scan.

Before anyone starts, yes they will find one. I had a brain scan a few years ago, and they found one then; so unless its dribbled out through my ears holes, I think we are in with a good chance of location.

webber

Ooooooo mr Webber.

What have you been up to now. :good:

Beleve it or not i have had a few brain scans(when i was a lot younger )

But i dont think they ever did find anything . :hmm:

let us know how it gos.

I do remember that everytime i had one. My mum always got me a new barbie afterwards .

So you never know Mr Webber . :hmm:

xxxxsuzy

I had a visit from my doctor this morning. It seems that my diabeties control is shot, so he's changed my medication.

He is conserned about my speach, and is arranging a brain scan.

Before anyone starts, yes they will find one. I had a brain scan a few years ago, and they found one then; so unless its dribbled out through my ears holes, I think we are in with a good chance of location.

webber

I have GPS if he needs it mate :hmm:

Seriously though, hope all is well :good: