High Lodge

Markio

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to wander round slowly, taking the proverbial out the less fortunate, as in Suffick boys etc.

That isn't very PC of you Bob. Suffolk people are just the same as us....

....just with more fingers & toes and with their eyes closer together. :rolleyes::hmm:

Edited by LV

I like to wander round slowly, taking the proverbial out the less fortunate, as in Suffick boys etc.

....just with more fingers & toes and with their eyes closer together. :lol::lol:

Wot? We have to be PC because of one humour challenged Suffolkonian? 'avin a giraffe incha? And wot abart them with beards and webbed feet ? :beer:

....just with more fingers & toes and with their eyes closer together. :good::good:

Wot? We have to be PC because of one humour challenged Suffolkonian? 'avin a giraffe incha? And wot abart them with beards and webbed feet ? :good:

I am considering defection to 'Kentish' status at the moment. I am just waiting for my application to be passed.

Okay, Essex massive, we need a plan.

The drive will probably take just over an hour at that time on Saturday morning. We should aim to leave Essex at 8.30 a.m. to get there for 9.45 and some brekkie.

Whoever is coming and needs a lift, post now.

Mungler cabs will be leaving J28 M25 at 8.30 a.m. Lucky Dave has booked a seat early.

Might take even you more than 1hr15 mung. It's 50min/1hr from mine. Anyway, i'll stop fussing. :oops:

Reminder that i have two spare seats should anyone want to leave their car at mine and come up with me and Bob (Not so fast Barry :no: ).

Might take even you more than 1hr15 mung. It's 50min/1hr from mine. Anyway, i'll stop fussing. :yes:

Reminder that i have two spare seats should anyone want to leave their car at mine and come up with me and Bob (Not so fast Barry :hmm: ).

Just remember it is Suffolk so there will be tractors and horse and carts to deal with.

Not to mention the HillBillies at the roadside selling their old teeth and toenails

....not to mention the grief at customs when crossing the Stour at Cattawade bridge. Travellers should also note that turnip control has been tightened, due to threats from the Beccles Liberation Front, you can only import two in your hand baggage now.....

....not to mention the grief at customs when crossing the Stour at Cattawade bridge. Travellers should also note that turnip control has been tightened, due to threats from the Beccles Liberation Front, you can only import two in your hand baggage now.....

Do you know if they are strip-searching Bob ? :hmm:

Do you know if they are strip-searching Bob ? :hmm:

In the words of Kylie; "You should be so lucky,........"

Bob,

Word on the street is that turnips are being swapped for up to 4 carrots and a potatoe, such is the demand.

It may be worth attempting to smuggle some extras in.

Yep, inflation is climbing at rates unheard of since the great parsnip crash back in the 60's, be careful with the potato deals though, there are counterfeit King Edwards in abundance.

Do you know if they are strip-searching Bob ? :yes:

Where are you planning on hiding your turnips? :hmm:

Okay, Essex massive, we need a plan.

The drive will probably take just over an hour at that time on Saturday morning. We should aim to leave Essex at 8.30 a.m. to get there for 9.45 and some brekkie.

Whoever is coming and needs a lift, post now.

Mungler cabs will be leaving J28 M25 at 8.30 a.m. Lucky Dave has booked a seat early.

I am jumping in with

. We will be there around 9:30.

Looking foreward to meeting some of you old boys on saturday . I am assuming that it will be a bit of a dressy do ,so have decided to wear my brown and purple fair isle tank top ,ex wd ,ww11 desert shorts ,white socks and sandels . I hope that i am not going to be over dressed . Harnser .

Back safely in Essex now.

As nobody from Suffolk turned up this morning, it means victory to Essex by default. As we kicked Bucks bottys in the past, it also makes Essex the PW "County Champions". :good:

A nice morning, good company & banter. Nice to meet Harnser, another PW fine fellow :good:

I will leave it to EE to give the stats analysis. :good:

Edited by LV

Blimey - seemed like the A12 was twice the journey on the way back!

Brilliant mornings sport at High Lodge. A good few of us from Essex and a couple from Norfolk, maybe the Suffolk boys couldn't find their way :yes:

Was good to put names to a couple more faces. EE and myself had an excellent laugh with Harnser and Bob on the way round - cheers guys :good:

Highlight of the day was when Harnser called for the clays two or three times and we were all looking in the sky expectantly only to look down and notice no one was buttoning :good: Pure class and we were all rolling up, that's what it's all about :yes:

Broken Man - good move getting round the L driver on the way back, I was left stuck behind him for bloody miles :yes:

Cheers all, and to Markio for arranging it - looking forward to the next time :good:

EDIT - Mung, don't forget to fill your barrells with water, that'll do the job :yes:

Edited by Bagsy