High Lodge

Markio

Anyone fancy a shoot at High Lodge? Was thinking a simple 100 bird day.

Not shot it before and really fancy it. Can i suggest a couple of dates to get the ball rolling: May 31st or June 14th.

If any of the Essex Mafia fancy it they can always park at mine and i'll drive up, my place is on the way(ish) and i have ample parking.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

June 14th sounds like a good day Mark, I'm up for it. We can get the .410 out and have a .410 skeet challange for a laugh. I believe it is about £24/100 on sporting and £5.25 a round on skeet.

Loads of variations from the sporting traps and something like 22 different stands.

One thing I have just remembered though is that I was supposed to be shooting the Army Benevolant Fund shoot there in June, but it was cancelled due to the World or British FITASC championships being held there in June. Need to check dates.

Just checked dates and it appears there is a GB selection shoot on the 8th and 22nd June, so the 14th sounds great.

Info lifted from Highlodge website

Practice Clays Monday – Saturday

Sporting Skeet

50 Sporting @ £12.00 25 Skeet Practice @ £5.25

100 Sporting @ £24.00

DTL Compact Sporting

25 DTL @ £ 5.00 25 Compact @ £6.25

FITASC Sporting

25 FITASC Sporting @ £8.00

Duck Flush

Available for organised bookings only pre-booked in advance. Based on 3 man team total of 75 clays supervised by member of staff £18.00 per team

SS :rolleyes:

:good:

if only you could make it, I'm sure you'd wipe the floor with us all EE
. :good:

Lol, dont know about that!!!!

PS hows the Aya coming along?

The action is soaking in meths and the stock and fore-end are being resteored by my friend the master carpenter stroke frech polisher....I saw it reduced back to wood and its a NICE piece of walnut!!!!! :hmm:

I'll register an interest pending a leave pass etc.

June the 14th is the queens official birthday so I may get an invite to her b/day bash (and therefor shooting at Balmoral for the weekend :good: ).

ohh nice one Bagsy I should be pulling trap for her madge, see you there :good:

June 14th sounds like a good day Mark, I'm up for it. We can get the .410 out and have a .410 skeet challange for a laugh. I believe it is about £24/100 on sporting and £5.25 a round on skeet.

Loads of variations from the sporting traps and something like 22 different stands.

One thing I have just remembered though is that I was supposed to be shooting the Army Benevolant Fund shoot there in June, but it was cancelled due to the World or British FITASC championships being held there in June. Need to check dates.

Just checked dates and it appears there is a GB selection shoot on the 8th and 22nd June, so the 14th sounds great.

Info lifted from Highlodge website

Practice Clays Monday – Saturday

Sporting Skeet

50 Sporting @ £12.00 25 Skeet Practice @ £5.25

100 Sporting @ £24.00

DTL Compact Sporting

25 DTL @ £ 5.00 25 Compact @ £6.25

FITASC Sporting

25 FITASC Sporting @ £8.00

Duck Flush

Available for organised bookings only pre-booked in advance. Based on 3 man team total of 75 clays supervised by member of staff £18.00 per team

SS :good:

can i use the 10 bore and 2 oz of 8's what wiv me cross eys an all, only fair

If not working would love it,

Take my advice get loads of 9.5s or 3s they are either 60 or 100 yard targets :good: No close in targets that no old un can see!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only joshing, good ground, good staff, and proper grub!!!!!!!!!

Brian

"Pavman; can i use the 10 bore and 2 oz of 8's what wiv me cross eys an all, only fair"

What sort of a tart's gun is that? Essex girls use those as Derringers ! Ask Mung about using the 4 bore with 4oz shot!

Dont make me come over there and show you my family shot with the S/S

tell em starlight :good:

"Pavman; can i use the 10 bore and 2 oz of 8's what wiv me cross eys an all, only fair"

What sort of a tart's gun is that? Essex girls use those as Derringers ! Ask Mung about using the 4 bore with 4oz shot!

I like the family shot, you know I do. Only trouble you not only throw 4oz of shot towards the intended target but it also throws a fully grown man nearly as far in the other direction.

I was wondering if I could knock up a bit of a gun carriage for this season so we could have a more controlled firing of your main armament in tandem.

I am gonna put my gun into jason's and have it converted to give it that wildfowlers edge like yours has.....

I like the family shot, you know I do. Only trouble you not only throw 4oz of shot towards the intended target but it also throws a fully grown man nearly as far in the other direction.

I was wondering if I could knock up a bit of a gun carriage for this season so we could have a more controlled firing of your main armament in tandem.

I am gonna put my gun into jason's and have it converted to give it that wildfowlers edge like yours has.....

:oops: Suffolk boys playing with mens guns........ :stupid:???

Try loading it with 4oz vindaloo sauce, it should perform like your nether region last week-end after the bet! :good::good:

Excellent, lots of people interested, should be a good laugh and hopefully we'll have some nice weather.

They open at 10am, i'd like to suggest as early start as possible as it's my wedding anniversary and i need to get back by 5ish (we have an evening out planned).