Game fair this weekend at vHarewood House

paul hart

For a well established venue it was a very basic show, but it does have great potential, even just by the merit of the number of people who turned up.

Very very amateur organisation compared to the CLA. I was not impressed at all, there was zero traffic control outside the event so that the surrounding roads were gridlocked. It was not much better inside, long queues of punters moving very slowly to pay and get in. There was just not enough stewards to deal with the numbers of people trying to get in and likewise there were not enough facilities, i.e food and drink, once inside. I just got the impression that they were totally unprepared for the number of people turning up to attend the event. I wa slucky for as when we joined the queue a steward asked if we were BASC members and redirected us to another entrance where we just walked straight in after paying our £7:00 admission. I talked to others later who stood and queued for over an hour to pay and get in.

i enjoyed it allthough i think we took it by storm hopefully next year there will be more food stands.

and i hope some stalls selling game as i didn't see one,lets hope the organiser's take note of what a great outing it can be in the future.

Yes we had a good day although were harewood card holders went down to the house for a couple of hours and let the kids play in the play area & wait for the ques to go down then sauntered up only to find the q at the top of the road near the entrance now just 2 gates was a joke then some one said they opened another gate so streight in then once in was not as busy got round all the stalls i heard that the organisers have taken heed from today and gonna sort it for tommorow

PS if you go past the entrance towards the house there is a open gate where you cross the road to get to the clay line where loads of people were milling around now i would,nt want to tell ya things like that :good:

I was really lucky, arrived at 9.00 and no traffic problems, then I made a mistake, I had my packed breakfast, a couple of bacon butts and a cup of coffee. This meant that I had over an hour wait to get through the gates!

By the time I got to the entrance gate the entry was discounted to £7.00 for eveybody, so BASC members got NO advantage.

There was a lack of trade stands, but not too bad for a first time! There was, however a dire lack of toilet facilities, and seemingly nobody servicing them with paper or a clean out!

As I said, I was really lucky, I did not have to wait in ques for food and beer (I heard people quoting 1 hour waits), but where I got my beer ran out as I finished my second pint.

Arena events were spoilt by the PA system not working properly, and obviously nobody there to sort it out.

Again, as it would seem, luck would have it my departure from the show at about 4.30 was straight forward.

The organisers really need to sort themselves out for next time. Quote from the guy who seemed to be doing the organising in answer to a complaint from me "I'm thinking on my feet here" my reply was he was thinking with his feet!

Hope its better today (Monday) for those of you who are going.

IMO For a 1st show, it wernt bad..& its what ya make it, i met a few lads there , had a cold beer , hog roast & had a good day in the sun...

chatted to intresting dog folk.

kids loved it, took them around the park & play area.., see the penguins etc..great.. :hmm:

straight in at midday..place was empty at 4pm almost, had some good bargains on the deerhunter clothing, knifes (frost £5) & missus wanted a stuffed roe head..guy did a £70 off...

well, made up, seems some went too early........ :hmm:

roll on next year :good:

the worst cribbers,on here with the links.. wernt there..how does they know , what went on ?? :lol: & only £7-

seemed there were 1000's there laughing,chatting & having a good day........

Edited by badger007

Well i went Sunday took my mate and his young lad got there at 8.30 stood in a queue till they opened at 9.00 then people were getting there tickets and then standing in another queue till they opened the gates at 9.30 my opinion a complete shambles..

Had a walk round very few stands that interested me got my self a new mop for the shotties and had a good natter to Paul Hart.

We left at 11.30 we had seem all we wanted to see nothing of real interest to hold us there.

The queues of traffic going into the show were a good 5 miles back to the motorway and they were not moving much.. :hmm::P

worst game fair i have ever been to ,bought family ticket in advance for parking and fast track entry everyone parked in the privi parking,good on them went to go in was told to join the half a mile que was then told after half an hour their had been a mistake,and to go upto the front saw all there was to see in just over an hour,got fleeced for £15 for 4 sandwiches came out and spent longer waiting to get out than it took to look at the game fair.total **** :lol::lol::mad::lol:

Well i went Sunday took my mate and his young lad got there at 8.30 stood in a queue till they opened at 9.00 then people were getting there tickets and then standing in another queue till they opened the gates at 9.30 my opinion a complete shambles..

Had a walk round very few stands that interested me got my self a new mop for the shotties and had a good natter to Paul Hart.

We left at 11.30 we had seem all we wanted to see nothing of real interest to hold us there.

The queues of traffic going into the show were a good 5 miles back to the motorway and they were not moving much.. :lol: :lol:

We Know - we had been sat in it since 1015 and moved about 1.5 miles - eventually got in to show at 1245 after second queue at ticket booth.

Access totally ******* - but show once in not bad for a first attempt.

D