river cottage

remytherussell

It was o.k.

Things have not yet started to happen for Hugh. Maybe next episode.

The only thing I learnt tonight was, 'When your hands are cold in winter, shove them up a cow's backside.

Beats my peacock handwarmer I guess!

:yp:

I had to do it on work experience as a vet, it was boiling

Tek care

M'ite

Beats me how he kept going on about 44 acres as though it was HUUUGE.

Alright hugh lad, it's 10 times RC but it's still just a wee plot and you certainly don't need a man to manage 44 acres y'big puff.

Chummy with his 80 milkers, of course you can't make a bloody living with 80 you soft get. I hope he's got space for more than 80 sucklers or else he's in for a shock.

All it bit OTT I feel.

Here he is taking on 44 acres from a farmer who,s gone skint.

Whats he going to do with only 8 cattle & a few funny sheep.

Open a restaurant of course. Not only that but he,s only going to open it when he feels like it.

We have to bear in mind that he was paid handsomely for the previous two River Cottage TV series. Also he has written several successful books.

In reality he doesnt need to work too hard.

Luck ******* I say.

RTR

As RTR said he is a TV presenter and had a couple of well selling books.......

also even before he did River Cottage, or A Cook on the Wild Side, he was a successful food writer and critic.

Although I love Hugh (and I really do) I can't help feeling that he wouldn't have done so well in his ventures without the TV series and the bonus of a camera crew around, which no doubt helped. I really enjoyed both of the Cook on the Wild Side series' and all of the River Cottage series' but I do feel that this one may have lost some of it's charm, (but I hope not).

If I hear anymore disparaging remarks about my mate Hugh then there is going to be a rollocking for everyone. My invite to the new resteraunt and a days shooting down on the farm has not arrived yet ( bloody lazy posties ) but when it does I shall be there, as a guest of honour at the top table. Hugh is great, lest not forget it is He ( as in He like God does ) who brought the countryside back into our living rooms once more. So like your favourite curly haired retriever, give Hugh a pat on the back and say "well done"

Jim

P.S Hugh, I know you cannot have lost my address as I put it on the top of every letter I send. Did you get the one from yesterday yet? Also there must be someone with the same name as you beacause, believe it or not the police have been round and told me to stop sending letters and pictures to their house. What are the chances of that happening. Somebody with the same name as me sending pictures to somebody with the same name as you! Incredible, small world isnt it. Dont forget that Hugh, It is a small world, very very small indeed. Answer my letters Hugh. Dont forget, everyone knows where you live and it is only me who can protect you. ONLY ME HUGH, ONLY ME

P.P.S I cry out your name a t night