.22 .17hmr look like toys

steve1966

How about because .22 and .17 rimfire rounds are smaller than centrefire ones.

Might be an idea to fill in your profile 2 posts and we know nothing about you. Some people on here see reds under the bed.

And by the way, welcome :lol:

In addition to all of the above, rimfire rifles are still good with much shorter barrels than the old days when iron sights were more accurate further apart. They also produce much less pressure when fired so don't need to be quite so robust as CF.

Welcome bud, and don't be shy about asking questions here. If you don't know you'll possibly make a wrong guess that leaves you worse off. The forum actually works better asking questions that invite an answer rather than telling members about something that does'nt really need many replies.

Edited by Dave-G

Sorry Guys if i have offended you :lol: i was just asking as i am in the market for a .17 HMR as i have just got my FAC ticket. I will try this then do they make a rimfire thats about the same spec as a CF rifle what about the Ruger etc ? :P as i am a big lad the sako quad did feel small, any advice would be helpfull :lol: Again sorry about the way my first post sounded :lol:

Ah, now you see there is something that I agree with you about... The Quad does feel a little dinky and, to some extent, so does my CZ452 Style. My CZ452 Varmint does not though, primarily because of the weight and the bigger barrel.

On the flip side of it though, the SA80 looks and feels like a toy...

Sorry Guys if i have offended you :lol: i was just asking as i am in the market for a .17 HMR as i have just got my FAC ticket. I will try this then do they make a rimfire thats about the same spec as a CF rifle what about the Ruger etc ? :P as i am a big lad the sako quad did feel small, any advice would be helpfull :lol: Again sorry about the way my first post sounded :lol:

steve,

the Ruger is one of the more robust guns for size and general feel. The savage thumbhole, heavy barrel, stainless looks and feels like a big rifle. I think there is a comparable annie that is big and heavy too.

for me, my HMR is a carry around the field gun. I dont want it to be heavy because I don't want to carry more than I have to. For me, I have a savage sporter weight barrel with a synthetic stock that weighs about 5 lb bare. It feels like a kids gun until you start shooting it and realize what it can do.

thanks

rick

Now we know a bit more about the question have a look at the CZ527's. As you admit to being a bit of a fat bloke :lol: look at the heavy varmint barrelled version. Yes you can spend heaps of money on yer Annies of the world but they don't shoot any better. You'd save a load of money that could be spent on a decent scope.

Both me and Lorraine have CZ HMR's (she the varmint and me the American, both with 16" barrels). She uses hers more than me and regularly head shoots rabbits and hares at anything up to 160 yards. Would you need any more than that?

Dave

Might be an idea to fill in your profile 2 posts and we know nothing about you. Some people on here see reds under the bed.

And by the way, welcome :good:

:yes:

he did not call it a toy he said it LOOKS like a toy or is this the lets jump on the new guy game? ond welcome to pw by the way <_<

Completely agree

DaveK's profile is far from informative. All it says is that he's male and from somewhere else. Great basis to start lecturing others on profiles - NOT.

And by the way, welcome :good:

:lol:

he did not call it a toy he said it LOOKS like a toy or is this the lets jump on the new guy game? ond welcome to pw by the way :hmm:

Completely agree

DaveK's profile is far from informative. All it says is that he's male and from somewhere else. Great basis to start lecturing others on profiles - NOT.

You're very observant Evilv, have a <_<

But it is filled in as you have noticed. It used to be more informative until the profile format changed. I don't particularly like the new format so changed my details.

maybe if you'd THOUGHT about my post instead of a limp attempt at sarcasm, you'd have come to the conclusion that I was suggesting that some people might declare open season for the profile not being filled in. Please provide your evidence that I was lecturing anyone (except now maybe you). But I am, however, pleased to see that you can read :lol: but maybe have a problem counting. There's a big differnce between a post count of 2 (new and not known) and 1470 ish (well known by many).

There's always one :lol: :lol:

Have a nice day :lol:

Edited by DaveK

I am a member of about 4 other forums and this is by far and wide the bi*chiest forums i have been on, This is supposed to be a safe haven and a knowledge bank and it should be left up to moderators to decide and delete any "stupid" threads, I notice new members seem to get jumped on alot ...just an observation from a new member......

What seems like second nature to some maybe unknown and confusing to others....

Edited by gixer1

I am a member of about 4 other forums and this is by far and wide the bi*chiest forums i have been on, This is supposed to be a safe haven and a knowledge bank and it should be left up to moderators to decide and delete any "stupid" threads, I notice new members seem to get jumped on alot ...just an observation from a new member......

Spot on gixer1. :no: B)

Yes you can spend heaps of money on yer Annies of the world but they don't shoot any better.

Dave

Yes they will B) :lol:

G.M.

Oh ..... no they won't :lol: :o Both beasties will shoot better than we can shoot them. :(

Liked the Judge Judy email by the way, it's found it's way round at work somehow :no:

Sorry Guys if i have offended you B) i was just asking as i am in the market for a .17 HMR as i have just got my FAC ticket. I will try this then do they make a rimfire thats about the same spec as a CF rifle what about the Ruger etc ? :o as i am a big lad the sako quad did feel small, any advice would be helpfull :lol: Again sorry about the way my first post sounded :(

:no: Id rather be carrying the little .22 about all day than,

my .308 tikka varmint with the rest of the gear,first time I ever got

the urge to dump the thing was up in scotland on the deer :o the

gamekeepers all warned me before we set off and they werent small

blokes but they all carried small light barrelled guns,even a little .22

can become very heavy when you have to carry what you shot with it

and your gear back to the motor for a few miles,include a moderator

bipod scope/mounts/rings/strap/ammunition,it sharp gets heavy.and

something the size of the varmint in .22 would be extremely heavy to

lug about all day. :o :lol:

well said