BISLEY MEET 2008

kip270

MC

I greatly appreicate your efforts. Thanks for stepping-in when Nick had to drop out. I still had a great laugh, regardless of the imposition. You're welcome to my portion of any refunded fee and I want to send you the "camping fee" that I owe the NRA; please put it towards your fine/costs.

Thanks again, I wouldn't want to have to do it.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MC

I greatly appreicate your efforts. Thanks for stepping-in when Nick had to drop out. I still had a great laugh, regardless of the imposition. You're welcome to my portion of any refunded fee and I want to send you the "camping fee" that I owe the NRA; please put it towards your fine/costs.

Thanks again, I wouldn't want to have to do it.

Well said :good:

Martin,

Keep my dosh, you will be fined at the end of the year - no question.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and would do it all again next weekend, even with no shooting.

Lovely evening - BBQ, cold beers, chairs, like minded people and lots of toys out and toy talk, Cafe Del Mar and Chicane on the CD player and Bazzer shouting "ain't you got any fakin metal?".

Got a half decent nights sleep as well even with Bob snoring like a storm drain in the bunk below - with 3 kids that get up every day at 6 a.m without fail, waking up this morning at 7.30 a.m was a cracking lie in.

Big thanks to all who brought stuff that I ponced, used and or abused. Thanks also to the cooks (Elvis and two Michelin stars Lefty - the tent master general).

Very nice to put some real names to forum names and faces.

Thanks to anyone who helped to organise - stepping up and forward (to organise, moderate or whatever) is always going to be a fools errand and you have my thanks.

Exactly.

I enjoyed it, look at the positives, no big hole in the ammo dept. no rifles to clean, had a laugh either way.

Thanks to, Nick for getting it all going, Martin for doing the rest, EE for thus use of the barbie, Mungler for the provison of the expensive ghetto blaster, and of course LB for the clay shooting, the beers you provided by proxy were enjoyed :good:

If enough people want to do the shooting bit without the bikers being there we could arrange another date, it doesn't have to be next August.

Exactly.

I enjoyed it, look at the positives, no big hole in the ammo dept. no rifles to clean, had a laugh either way.

Thanks to, Nick for getting it all going, Martin for doing the rest, EE for thus use of the barbie, Mungler for the provison of the expensive ghetto blaster, and of course LB for the clay shooting, the beers you provided by proxy were enjoyed :good:

If enough people want to do the shooting bit without the bikers being there we could arrange another date, it doesn't have to be next August.

What? And miss all of those naked 70 year old bikers molls on the backs of Harleys?

Great Idea!!

Snotty,

You may think that there is no restriction on BP but you are wrong, the range restrictions apply to you as they do everyone else and some idiot waving a loaded pistol about is bound to create some attention. As is firing gravel froma cannon.

As is continuing to shoot after you were asked to stop.

It's almost flattering to think my wall gun might have exceeded the range MKE limit on 180 grains of black, but supersonic it ain't.

I watched the loaded pistol like a hawk, checked it was clear, saw no waving.

Where on earth did you get the notion that I was firing gravel? I was firing grass clippings for recoil with one small ball to get a sand splash. The cannon is all noise and smoke, completely gutless, when loaded with #8 shot it can just about dent plywood at 20 feet.

After being asked to stop shooting I sat around for an hour or so waiting for the decision. Someone offered me a go with a Sharp's rifle and being on a non-pigeon watch lane it seemed completely legit :good:

Maybe you will even do the washing-up next time without all of the old "I'm management" malarky next time? :good:

So, the same as the cooking then :hmm:

Yep, also picking up cartridge cases, making coffee, cleaning the hut, breakfast (he even bitched about too much butter on his bacon butty), and worst of all, not bringing any fakin METAL!!!

Sorry i didnt make it - sounds like you had a blast even though the NRA ****** things up

I would be interested in coming down for the next event, especially if its sooner rather than later

Martin, you can keep my cash mate (£20 is **** all, in the grand scheme of things) - i will help pay the fine if you get one.

i would just like to say that i had a fantastic time people. as a first timer and turning up the only ***** student there, i was helped out loads by the gents and really appreciated it. i would do it all again even with the range fiasco! special thanks go out to lefty for letting me stay in the west wing of lefty towers and driving me back to the station. martin and bob for coming to pick me up at the start. FM and his dad for running me around mid weekend. sparkey for letting me shoot my first decent calibre rifle and the copious amount of booze i was given. :good:

o and by the way, bob i didnt blimmin puke lol i just took a lie down. lol

top 3 momments.

1. baz/elvis asking a yakuza biker guy why the **** he didnt listen to heavy metal and getting a growl in response

2. ferret master getting coated in rave glow stick and running to the bathroom screaming "it burns it burns!!!" as Baz/elvis laughs his socks off.

3. martin - why the **** are you wearing one of those (in relation to my hoody i turned up in)

p.s will post the few photies i managed as soon as i can

i would just like to say that i had a fantastic time people. as a first timer and turning up the only ***** student there, i was helped out loads by the gents and really appreciated it. i would do it all again even with the range fiasco! special thanks go out to lefty for letting me stay in the west wing of lefty towers and driving me back to the station. martin and bob for coming to pick me up at the start. FM and his dad for running me around mid weekend. sparkey for letting me shoot my first decent calibre rifle and the copious amount of booze i was given. :good:

o and by the way, bob i didnt blimmin puke lol i just took a lie down. lol

top 3 momments.

1. baz/elvis asking a yakuza biker guy why the **** he didnt listen to heavy metal and getting a growl in response

2. ferret master getting coated in rave glow stick and running to the bathroom screaming "it burns it burns!!!" as Baz/elvis laughs his socks off.

3. martin - why the **** are you wearing one of those (in relation to my hoody i turned up in)

p.s will post the few photies i managed as soon as i can

One or two queries in respect of your post;

1. Do you seriously expect anyone that was there to believe that Baz is a metal fan? You will be telling us that he has shot a fox next.

2. Dam!! I missed that! I can't believe that Baz would be so cruel though.

3. You should have pointed that out at the time. When we picked you up at the station, he said "he's a ******* hoodie!

Re the puking denial, I'm afraid that we have a witness, it's actually the same person who slipped a fox **** under Bagsy's nose whilst he was asleep. I have been sworn to secrecy over his identity, under pain of death by having my throat slashed with a "metal" record.

Just want to add my thanks for a quality night/morning as I had to bail at 1pm on Saturday (quite glad I drank far too much on Saturday night so I didin't bother coming down on the Sunday).

Please keep the £10 I paid for Sunday rifles for fine/charity etc.

I would like to add in Snotty's defence as I spent an hour or two watching that I don't think anything was dangerous. I am however very surprised he is not as deaf as a doorpost after firing that green beast of (I think) a .308 without any hearing protection. It was good to see the old guns being used as something I'd not seen before.

Sorry wasn't there for the merriment on Saturday evening and to meet the Saturday late comers, did try and drive round and find the clay ground you were on but no success, there could have been a bit more organisation for example giving a shout to everyone that people were going to the clay ground instead of just piling into cars and driving off, I believe Kip was due to shoot clays but couldn't find anyone.

Count me in for next time and hopefully get to meet a few more of you.

P.S I could have put money on Ollie chundering, ha ha

Re the puking denial, I'm afraid that we have a witness,

Bob, I think the oldtimers is kicking in again....I heard Ollie puking buckets!!! and I didnt put that fox **** there!!!

As for the yakuza.....built like oddjob, covered in tats, nice pair of oakleys and was standing listening to country and western!!!! That does not compute in my brain!!! :good:

Re the puking denial, I'm afraid that we have a witness,

Bob, I think the oldtimers is kicking in again....I heard Ollie puking buckets!!! and I didnt put that fox **** there!!!

As for the yakuza.....built like oddjob, covered in tats, nice pair of oakleys and was standing listening to country and western!!!! That does not compute in my brain!!! :good:

Did you not say that you had heard the pair of them chundering in unison when you arrived at the shed at 07.30? (Short answer, yes, you did).

And your brain was way beyond the computing stage on the Saturday night, why else would you jump up screaming that you had been bitten by ants, brush them off, and promptly sit down on the nest again?

Re the fox ****, you are seriously expecting us to believe that a fox walked into your wing of Lofty Towers, had a dump right under Bagsy's nose and walked out? What self-respecting fox would do that, knowing your reputation as the Crcodile Dundee of the fox world?

Even a Brentwood solicitor could work out that there were only two of you in the tent and the other one was the victim!

Metal rules, OK? (Actually, thats ****, I'm a country and western fan! :hmm: I thought that the music was great)

Edited by bob300w

Gentlemen,

Thank you for all your suport over this matter, I have just received a phone call from the eastern BASC rep and he apologised for not being available, he is in fact on holiday but says there should have been cover.

That is all now history anyway.

I am now in the process of writing to the NRA to get them to explain the procedure as I have spent considerable time reading both the booking procedure and also the range regulations. I am also going to ask if this matter will be taken any further and what the likelyhood of disciplinary action against me is. The only thing I believe they can get me on is I should have been present on the range at all times during shooting, and not gone off to administer a kicking to all at the clay ground. :good:

I have also worked out the refund ammount and it is as follows.

For those who paid for saturday will get £4.74 back, and the ones that paid for sunday will obviously get the whole £10 back.

As said earlier If you PM me with your address I will post the refund back to you.

I also apologise to anyone I attacked last night, I was ****** off enough with the events of the weekend without having to read all the negative comments as well

Sorry guys.

Martin

Gentlemen,

Thank you for all your suport over this matter, I have just received a phone call from the eastern BASC rep and he apologised for not being available, he is in fact on holiday but says there should have been cover.

That is all now history anyway.

I am now in the process of writing to the NRA to get them to explain the procedure as I have spent considerable time reading both the booking procedure and also the range regulations. I am also going to ask if this matter will be taken any further and what the likelyhood of disciplinary action against me is. The only thing I believe they can get me on is I should have been present on the range at all times during shooting, and not gone off to administer a kicking to all at the clay ground. :good:

I have also worked out the refund ammount and it is as follows.

For those who paid for saturday will get £4.74 back, and the ones that paid for sunday will obviously get the whole £10 back.

As said earlier If you PM me with your address I will post the refund back to you.

I also apologise to anyone I attacked last night, I was ****** off enough with the events of the weekend without having to read all the negative comments as well

Sorry guys.

Martin

As I said previously, and I have not seen anybody disagree yet, keep the money untill you hear if you are going to get a fine, if you are, use it to pay the fine.

It's a bit disturbing however, to find that a BASC rep is not available 24/7 to it's members, as I recall it, we tried half a dozen different numbers?

Agree keep cash until you hear from the anal retards.

And ask for evidence in relation to rules being broken and reason for any fine.

Perhaps we should have paid more and just booked out all the 200m lanes or something so there was no one to annoy

Edited by Dr W