moderated shotgun

pest control man

I use Hushpower 12g alot but have the Pedretti. Used to have the Baikal,works well,tough built but not for carrying around for long.The Ped is about 6lb and normal gun length.You have to get used to the sight picture as they shoot low due to the mod. I am thinking about the .410 as well. Saddlery and Gunroom have a 12g Pedretti for sale. Good chaps to deal with.

Like Vole21 I use the Pedretti !2G Hushpower,Baikal is allegedly much more reliable but I could not come to terms with its handling.I use a Baikal .410 with 10" Hushpower silencer & find it OK if a little overlong. As has been already stated you have to

learn to aim high.

Regards: drut

Have handled the Mossberg & quite liked the feel of it.However length may be a problem & it is noticeably louder than the Pedretti. If I was more skilled (I am cr*p) at using a pump action & could get the benefit of the extra shots it might tempt me.

Regards: drut

QUOTE (deer stalker @ Jun 21 2008, 05:46 PM)

mane problem with the 410 is it takes to much power out of them not there canons to start with.

How do you mean "it takes to much power out of them" ??

i have shot pigeons over decoys with a normal .410 for fun and with in reson it does the job and rabbits out to 30yard with a mag but with the moderator on basicly the pigeon waggle the arsses and fly of at you and the rabbit the pellets bounce off, i would only use a .410 with a moderator at very close range 10-15 yards.

i have shot pigeons over decoys with a normal .410 for fun and with in reson it does the job and rabbits out to 30yard with a mag but with the moderator on basicly the pigeon waggle the arsses and fly of at you and the rabbit the pellets bounce off, i would only use a .410 with a moderator at very close range 10-15 yards.

Rubbish <_<

Your probably missing them mate.There is no lack of power due to the moderator. I kill stuff with my 12g out to ranges I kill with my un moderated guns.Easilly. Maybe you need to pattern it and check out your aim etc. Its very different with a mod.

Rubbish :good:

That's Rubbish2 (squared!) <_< IMO.

Edited by Floating Chamber

I handled the Baikal the other day in 12bore O/U! Its a very sturdy gun! Im no small guy (tall and build (also a lil fat haha) ) and the Baikal was very heavy! Could't see myself carrying it around for a long time :good: take it into consideration lol <_<

Although I must say they seem great guns and are highly recommended. As my mate put it, "Baikal shotguns are made from spare tank parts!" lol

Edited by Bigthug87

im thinking of getting the 12 gauge mossberg 500 hush power with the spare barrel,any good,

i was thinking of getting a mosberg 500 the one withto barrles, one silenced and one normal, any body tried them??

thomas

Yes!! Get it, you'll love it!

I've had mine (on and off! <_< ) for a coupla months. It really reduces the noise and once you get used to the length it's a doodle to shoot. The pump is quick once you get the hang and sounds soooooo good to load :oops: . I'm gonna sell my o/u and s/s as I really think this is the only gun I need. I hardly ever use the normal barrel tho' and found that fitted a sling made carrying it much easier.

Top tip, only use subs as there is hardley any advantage at all with normal rounds.