price

Whimple Hunter

1 - As you don`t even know what an infection is I strongly advise you don`t breed from your jill.

2 - Can you sell them all, personally I`ve never paid for one yet, or are you just looking for a few quid ??

3 - You`ve asked about genetics in another thread and IMHO you shouldn`t breed until you understand more about animal husbandry/genetics until then.

1 - As you don`t even know what an infection is I strongly advise you don`t breed from your jill.

2 - Can you sell them all, personally I`ve never paid for one yet, or are you just looking for a few quid ??

3 - You`ve asked about genetics in another thread and IMHO you shouldn`t breed until you understand more about animal husbandry/genetics until then.

<_<

LB

it seems toi me, you have the same problem here, that we have over on thehuntinglife a ferret,is a ferret, is a ferret, when people start asking for prices, or "how much a certain colour is worth" to me, they are coming across as either a pet keeper, or are hoping to make money from breeding,

I keep a mixture of silvers,sandies,polecats,albinos, and guess what, they all go at the same price to working or pet homes

why should any fert be worth more because of its colour :blink:

it seems toi me, you have the same problem here, that we have over on thehuntinglife a ferret,is a ferret, is a ferret, when people start asking for prices, or "how much a certain colour is worth" to me, they are coming across as either a pet keeper, or are hoping to make money from breeding,

I keep a mixture of silvers,sandies,polecats,albinos, and guess what, they all go at the same price to working or pet homes

why should any fert be worth more because of its colour :blink:

2 right mate i have a mixtur of colour and thay all go for a tenner and thats it. :blink: that the price i have always none from my dad and grandad and great grandad doing it ect lolso that the price i see it as.all the best

This will probably go down like a lead balloon , but here goes

I am of the opinion this obsession with colour stems from the show fraternaty , in the mid 90's there was an explosion of silvers on the scene & naturally people wanted to show there ferrets off, but i soon became disilutioned with the show scene once i realised it was basically all about the ''faces'' not the ferrets .

I have witnessed grown women have temper tantrums because there animals not been placed in the top 3 ferret for that class, i have witnessed stewards telling ferret owners what the judge has marked there ferret as once judged, i have witnessed one judge leave a trailer totally enclosed full off kits in the red hot heat :blink: and then have the bloody cheek to tackle the person who opened up the trailer to basically remove the kits before they died & to water them.

ferret welfare & husbandry is the same for all ferrets regardless of sex colour or pet or worker , so i agree when you read posts from people asking what to feed a ferret on one week to then read about breeding, that makes me very wary & slightly concerned , theres a lot off kids breeding ferrets , thats fine providing theres parental involvment as well and i really dont understand why people are in such a rush to breed .

Well whinge over

Kay x

at the end of the day mine are my working partners and my friends thay are out all the time and come on walks but work every winter for me.i dont really care wot people think i no wot i am like with mine and that it you all get on with ya own thing with ya ferrets like i do.all the best to you all.

All irrelevant. Give him a break, you being a mod and all that.

Edited by peck

A ferret is the same inside but I do have a preferance for certain colours.

For example my sandy jill is ALOT easier to spot in a thick hedgerow in September when the undergrowth is still high compared to one of my poleys who still has their dark Summer coat.

FM :lol:

You cant beat an albino in my opinion :lol:

Okay i cheated and looked at his profile but i knew by reading his last two posts this guy was a teenager .Money shouldn't come into it with any animal

Of course money has to come into it! You pay more for everything that is better.You wouldnt expect to pay the same for a blackpool donkey as you would for a race horse or a mongrel and a pedigree working dog.If the animal is better than another animal of the same kind it stands to reason it is worth more.

And after having said all that,to me a ferrets a ferret and the colour wouldnt make me pay more for it.

Okay i cheated and looked at his profile but i knew by reading his last two posts this guy was a teenager .Money shouldn't come into it with any animal

Of course money has to come into it! You pay more for everything that is better.You wouldnt expect to pay the same for a blackpool donkey as you would for a race horse or a mongrel and a pedigree working dog.If the animal is better than another animal of the same kind it stands to reason it is worth more.

And after having said all that,to me a ferrets a ferret and the colour wouldnt make me pay more for it.

But look at how many pedigree dogs that end up being shipped to places like Battersea , someone must have paid a fair wack for them at one time , it could of course be simply a case of a bad workman blaming his tools in the case of working dogs