Growing Tobacco plants

jonno 357

Have been given some tobacco seeds and fancy having a go and growing, curing, and rolling a few stogies. As I ain't a smoker so I won't be sampling my own brew but I might need a few test pilots in the near future:yes: :lol::lol::oops:

The growing part is easy its the curing part that seems the difficult stage. I have googled a few sites for info but would like to know if anyone has had a go at it and give me some info on curing the leaves

Got the name already Don Jonno No 357. Fircombe Hall Cut Cigars for the discerning smoker :rolleyes::lol:

Jonno

My next door naughbour used to grow tabacco leaves for his pipe and was very succesful god rest his soul so it can be done keep us informed perhaps for cover crops eh :blush:

Thats a coincidence, when I was a kid our next door neighbour grew his own pipe tobacco.

He grew enough to have to keep records and a Customs man use to come and check weigh his "stock".

I don't know if this is still a requirement.

Have been given some tobacco seeds and fancy having a go and growing, curing, and rolling a few stogies. As I ain't a smoker so I won't be sampling my own brew but I might need a few test pilots in the near future:yes: ???:lol::lol:

The growing part is easy its the curing part that seems the difficult stage. I have googled a few sites for info but would like to know if anyone has had a go at it and give me some info on curing the leaves

Got the name already Don Jonno No 357. Fircombe Hall Cut Cigars for the discerning smoker :blush:???

Jonno

www.coffinails.com :oops:

If you dont cure them right you can get a type of mould in them that will really mess your lungs up (not that smoking is going to help either) :blush:

There is a place in the UK where you can send the leaves off to be cured and shredded but you are restricted to the amount they will process so you need a few friends to accept delivery to get round that.

Will you be needing a virgin to roll them for you . :good::P:yes:

xxxxsuzy

Yes and will be interviewing soon :good:

Jonno

That reminds me, they had to cancel the Nativity play in Donny last year. Turns out they couldn't find three wise men and a virgin.

Robert

Also Barnsley and Wakefield

Jonno

Will you be needing a virgin to roll them for you . :good::P:yes:

xxxxsuzy

Yes and will be interviewing soon :good:

Jonno

That reminds me, they had to cancel the Nativity play in Donny last year. Turns out they couldn't find three wise men and a virgin.

Robert

Also Barnsley and Wakefield

Jonno

Sir, you are clearly well-acquainted with the good ladies of South Yorkshire :( .

Robert

I had a brief encounter with a girl from Barnsley. In fact she was half Barnsley chop and half Leicester.

Great lips on her :yes::yes::hmm::oops:

Jonno