Scopes

bullet boy

I have a Schmidt and Bender 3-12x50 ill ret scope and i would say that this scope manufacturer is the best scope maker. :good: The quality of glass is exceptional.If the British army use them-surely its gotta be good!

What do you think??

Edited by bullet boy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TO ALL.I posted a new topic about scopes and what you thought of them and i didnt get much feedback- why? :good:

Would it make you happy to learn that Swarovski make a better scope? I think in the main, most members that view this topic will think your trying to blow your own trumpet. Which maybe why you haven't had much response.

You are at the top of your game if you have an S&B or any of the other top ranking scopes. Having recently compared some top end scopes almost side by side, i'd have to say, it would be down to personal choice and the application to which you apply the chosen scope.

Everyone knows that real men have S&B's and Swarovskis are for homosexuals.

:oops:

:good::yes::hmm:

I have to say mung that that 8 x 56 illuminated S/b you showed me is an absolute bargain for what you paid .Either do it an injustice like me by dressing it on some cheap high hawke mounts or keep in the spirit by obtaining some expensive Warne versions ..............You know you can afford it :hmm:

Best scope manufacturer KHALES :good:

Come on then, Plinker, what's the best make of scope? Enlighten me.

i have had s&b and very nice it was to ,but i have also had zeiss that was better, i would say swarvo is better, as is us optics etc , there are lots of top quality scopes don,t see why this guy thinks his schmidt is the best, although it is top drawer,he asked for feed back he got some, are you now enlightened baldrick?

Exactly, if you are happy with it, then it is the best for you.

Jesus, some sanity at last, now if people could just think this way about makes of guns, 17 v 22, cartridges makes, etc, this forum would be a pleasure to be on.

Oh come on bob it'd be b***** boring and you for one would have nothing to say!

Everyone knows that real men have S&B's and Swarovskis are for homosexuals.

In the same way that Sainsbury's keep the riff raff out Waitrose, S&B are there to stop the wrong sort of people from owning Swarovski's.

:good::oops::good::yes::hmm::hmm::P???

The defence rests, m'lud!

Yes, not unlike the odd couple stroking each others 8x56's in the moonlight on Saturday night :good:

Which scope is best, as stated previously is subjective and largely irrelevant, but if anyone cares that much I still say the hunting market will be in for a shock when Leica throw their hat in the ring - next year maybe? Shot Show? IWA?

I have wasted enough money on glass for one lifetime, I will be doing my best to never look through one.

Love my Nightforce :good: Getting a look through a Zeiss and a Schmidt and Bender on proper rifles next month. Seen them out the back of shops in daylight which told me absolutely NOTHING of any value. Used a Swarovski plenty of times. Looked through Marks Kahles a few times too, seen some nice uncooperative foxes :yes:

Good glass will be good glass, and I do agree that peoples eyes differ. I would also say that for me the reticle does come into the mix, as I like certain rets which have a few aim points.

I have heard, but can't confirm, that some Swaros lose zero "for fun" was the quote (from a guy who builds rifles). Like I say I can't confirm that but because of it I wouldn't buy one...

Now I'm off to hide somewhere before Stuart starts taking pot shots at me :hmm:

I don't know which is the best, but they're all bloody expensive :oops:

Edited to add... Going on their respective rangefinders, Swaro has better glass than Leica. Still, it will be interesting to see their take on scopes :good:

Edited by JohnGalway

I have cheap scopes (Deben) on both my rimfire rifles simply because they are cheap tools and I could not see the point in spending a lot of money on decent galss.

That said, the Varmint II 6-24x44 on the .17 is not as nice to use (to my eyes at least!) as the 4-12x50 Sport HD that I have on the .22. Whether it is the field of view or the internal workings I do not know, but the next scope I get for the .17, _when_ the Varmint II annoys me enough, will probably be an MTC Viper.

Right, that's the skoda end of the scope done...

well i have a nighteater on my hmr and a hawke on my .22 and i think they are the best scopes in the world... :blush:

(i work to a budget)....

having said that i dont have a scope at all on my 12 bore and still manage to hit things so maybe thats the answer.....

Shaun