Shotgun Licence application.

nickb

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My cheque was cashed within 3 days, ~4 weeks until call from FAO. However I don't think giving them a call would be a bad idea as long as you are polite. I know that some have said that ringing them will get your application pushed to the bottom of the pile, however if you are polite and not pushy then I doubt it would do that much harm.

My cheque was cashed within 3 days, ~4 weeks until call from FAO. However I don't think giving them a call would be a bad idea as long as you are polite. I know that some have said that ringing them will get your application pushed to the bottom of the pile, however if you are polite and not pushy then I doubt it would do that much harm.

Is the cheque being cashed not an indication of whether my SGC will be granted or not?

I am waiting for the FEO to get back to me, and hopefully that will do something. Either way, I will be putting in a written complaint, not sure who to though, I was the first to be assessed under the Group 4 system. Suppose it will have to be to the Chief Constable's office. The problems seem to be purely lack of admin support, they will be measured against level of complaints, maybe it will eventually get some more people hired. Doesn't seem to be any evidence of standards available for their performance, guess they work on the old "When we get round to it!" :)

Update 18th June - FEO and dept rang, still no idea when they will even consider new applications. Complaint letter sent now to chief of firearm registration dept, copy kept to go to chief constable unless she replies. I dont want preferential treatment ;) , just a date they will stick to would be a start! 20 weeks plus now, and nine weeks since FEO visit.......

Edited by Bloke

Update 18th June - FEO and dept rang, still no idea when they will even consider new applications. Complaint letter sent now to chief of firearm registration dept, copy kept to go to chief constable unless she replies. I dont want preferential treatment ;) , just a date they will stick to would be a start! 20 weeks plus now, and nine weeks since FEO visit.......

i thought i was the only one they were taking the **** out of,,21 weeks since app sent in and 10 weeks since interview,every time i have rang i just get fobbed off with "so and so has just gone on holiday" well at least i have saved more dosh,,by the time something happens i,ll be able to afford a set of purdey,s (from the insurance on my death i,ll be that old) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: anyway best of luck mate :good:

i thought i was the only one they were taking the **** out of,,21 weeks since app sent in and 10 weeks since interview,every time i have rang i just get fobbed off with "so and so has just gone on holiday" well at least i have saved more dosh,,by the time something happens i,ll be able to afford a set of purdey,s (from the insurance on my death i,ll be that old) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: anyway best of luck mate :good:

best of luck to you as well, sir!! :good: :good:

14 weeks since the FEO visited me bud still no sign.Can anybody answer this.If its been refused would they have sent that letter yet or would that take as long! Got some cash in my unused gun cabinet could be getting a few golf lessons.Thanks :no:

just sit back and wait is the best bet,,what area are you from ??? , different areas seem to take different times so just keep saving it will arrive in the end hopefully,,,,,good luck :good:

just sit back and wait is the best bet,,what area are you from ??? , different areas seem to take different times so just keep saving it will arrive in the end hopefully,,,,,good luck :good:

North Hampshire mate.Made a call 6 weeks after the visit was told if i had not recieved it in 3 weeks call back.Called back was told it was in the pile that was due to be looked at the following week it would then take a couple of weeks after that to process and send out,that was about 5 weeks ago.Got my first SGC aged 15 and my FAC at 19 both only took around 2 weeks!mind that was in the mid and late 80,s.All i want to do is bust a few clays again. :sad1:

West Mids police with my SGC about 18 months ago turned it around in 3 weeks my partner applied about 6 months after me and it took just sort of 6 months!

Thing is that I had been a bit naughty (very minor) when younger didn't make a difference, my partner has never been in trouble but is diabetic, which is the only thing we can think held things up, but we know the doc didn't get a letter until 5 months after the application and he sent the info back in days.

So mixed service 1 excellent 1 not!