Shotgun Licence application.

nickb

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This time last year my application took 5 weeks, posting forms to licence in hand with Lancs police. My boss has just taken 4 months for his to be sorted by the same force. Bumped into the FAO who did my interview the other week and he told me about cutbacks and a management re-shuffle delaying all new applications.

Good luck to everyone desperate to enjoy this great sport :good:

Just had my certificate back from West Mercia, it took two months from start to finish. From home visit to receipt exactly 1 month....to the day, but to be fair to the firearms officer he stated this timescale.

You did well, everyone I know has been in the same boat, 10-12 months for renewals.

Guest beechris

mine has taken 6 months in the past, ive since reapplied ( long story) and they are saying that the is a ' backlog' in sent it in FEB !! so essex police will take another 6 months again .

• 4 weeks later...

Sussex police did both of mine. Both brand new grants, SGC last year, FAC this year.

SGC from day they recieved it, to it arriving back on my door mat exactly 28 days and that included an indepth medical check, suffered from a bit of anxiety a few years ago and got prescribed some happy pills for it.

FAC took from them receiving my application to FAC arriving 9 weeks.

On the whole a stonkingly great service from Sussex police.

When the FEO made his visit for my FAC he noted I have written an incorrect serial number for one of my shotguns and said to return my SGC for it to be ammended, I did and that took less than a week from when I posted it to it coming back.

Cracking service Sussex Police, keep up the great work.

Schmoo.

Lincolnshire Update:

FAC applied for 21/01/2012.

FEO visit 02/04/2012, he could see no problems and said I could expect the licence in about 3/52.

Rang FEO's office 20/04/2012 and was told it could take up to another 12/52 just to process my licence and issue it :o

Still waiting :blink:

Update 7th June: still waiting, had direct lies and vague excuses at every call, FEO has apparently given them a shouting at, but they still cannot give me any indication of when they will even start processing the new applications (NEW !!! :o :angry: ) Now at the 19 - 20 week mark, depending on how long it took to be delivered to them.... Still waiting................

Time for an official complaint I think

I am waiting for the FEO to get back to me, and hopefully that will do something. Either way, I will be putting in a written complaint, not sure who to though, I was the first to be assessed under the Group 4 system. Suppose it will have to be to the Chief Constable's office. The problems seem to be purely lack of admin support, they will be measured against level of complaints, maybe it will eventually get some more people hired. Doesn't seem to be any evidence of standards available for their performance, guess they work on the old "When we get round to it!" :)

Receaved mt SGC today thats 3 weeks and 4 days top marks hertfordshire police.

I hope they are as quick with mine, it's been 3 weeks and a day :) do they call you to let you know they have received it or just to arrange the visit?