Shotgun Licence application.

nickb

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Update 18th June - FEO and dept rang, still no idea when they will even consider new applications. Complaint letter sent now to chief of firearm registration dept, copy kept to go to chief constable unless she replies. I dont want preferential treatment ;) , just a date they will stick to would be a start! 20 weeks plus now, and nine weeks since FEO visit.......

Still waiting..............

UPDATE - 3rd July... It is now 24 weeks since the date on my FAC application, and at least 23 weeks since it was delivered to Lincs police. Rang them today (13 weeks after the FEO visit and 1 week after making a written complaint to the head of dept) and they assure me that it has now all been approved and is waiting to be signed - it should be with me in a week (We'll see!). I hope that this progress is not just because I complained, or how long will it be for others? It is only a week short of 6 months for a new application, dreadful enough, but taking into account the announcement yesterday about the effect the new cuts are going to have on Lincolnshire Police, how much more are they going to cut the manpower to this department before it becomes a total standstill? They have been obviously totally undermanned for the service need. Like many of us on here, I rant when it applies to me, but I do have to say that the Lincs firearms dept are always polite and helpful, but they can't get a quart out of a pint pot, as my dad used to say.

Phone call this week suggesting that it should be through in the next 2 to 3 weeks. That would take it up to 22 weeks :(

leics police 6 weeks .previous derbyshire police 4 weeks though there are 6 month horror stories on here,just luck of the draw i guess :good:

• 2 weeks later...

spoke to south wales police yesterday with a question about my gun safe, when on the phone i asked if he had any ideas on time... he asked where i was and when i told him he said they where truing to get interviews done in around 12 weeks :/