knife from scratch

pauldr

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im thinking of putting a gut hook on the next knife i make .. im going to be using 3 mm carbon steel instead of 4mm and it will have a ebony handle with red fibre liners .. i will be selling this knife once its made... prob about 2-3 weeks as i like to take my time and get it spot on ... any takers ? i will be selling it for around £50 ....

I wasnt trying to hijack your thread

I thought you might like to see one made with a gut hook to order to see what it would look like

WB

thats ok mate no problem how did you shape the gut hook ?

top job that Paul. you will have us all at the hospital getting stitched soon. :good:

like this you mean.

DSC00090.jpg

thats gonna leave a scar ... i cut myself with a stanley knife a while ago while carving a pipe .. the blade cut right through my flesh and stuck in the bone

Been there, done that...

Sharpening a knife with a meat iron one day as a kid I accidentally stuck the knife into my thumb through the top of the joint. One trip to A&E later I had two stitches holding the top of my thumb on. Funnily enough, I met a butcher in A&E that had done exactly the same thing.

whoo scar comp....right i have a good one...

when i was about 7 or 8 i was on my bmx riding down the local trail ( public trail ) and the farmer had put a line of barb wire across the path anyway i was going quite fast and it was a sunny day so i couldnt see the wire in time and i got clothes lined right across the face it cut my bottom lip in half right down to my chin .. it also cut my cheek straight through from the top of my cheek bone right down to the corner of my mouth .. i got cut from my left shoulder down to the centre of my chest and when i landed i got a cracked skull from a rock behind me

there was blood everywhere .. i got stiches in my lip / cheek / shoulder and head but my bike was ok

whoo scar comp....right i have a good one...

when i was about 7 or 8 i was on my bmx riding down the local trail ( public trail ) and the farmer had put a line of barb wire across the path anyway i was going quite fast and it was a sunny day so i couldnt see the wire in time and i got clothes lined right across the face it cut my bottom lip in half right down to my chin .. it also cut my cheek straight through from the top of my cheek bone right down to the corner of my mouth .. i got cut from my left shoulder down to the centre of my chest and when i landed i got a cracked skull from a rock behind me

there was blood everywhere .. i got stiches in my lip / cheek / shoulder and head but my bike was ok

Spot on !!!

Riding my bike back from the off licence when i was 16 , just spent my first weeks wages up the town BRILLIANT

Any way in all my new clothes with a Jumbo bottle of best Woodpecker in my hand

Turned to shout my friend Didnt see the little concrete post

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGG!!!!

Went Flying kinda forgot to let go the bottle "As you Do"

BOSH landed on it as it smashed

OUCH !!!

severed my index finger riped open my palm and jabed a 3 inch bit of glass through the base of my thumb (also in my palm) NICE !!!

35 stiches, Bone infection 3 operations and over a month in Hospital

thumb works index finger is like a hook, dosnt work, BUT ITS MINE !!! LOL

You live n learn !

All my new cloths Ruined by the blood and A n E cutting stuff off me

BUT

MY BIKE WAS OK !!!!!

Tried But failed to lick the cider off the path "Boll@#&s " Kept all my teeth !!!

Three months off work Brama ! FULL PAY !

WB

• 2 weeks later...
Bloomin hell Paul, another great looking knife :good:

Whats with the corrugated effect in the tang ?

P.

just a design i thought i would try came out ok i think...

It looks great, but those wee recesses not just get filled with crud when it's used?

Nial.

P.

just a design i thought i would try came out ok i think...

It looks great, but those wee recesses not just get filled with crud when it's used?

Nial.

i have never had any trouble with other knifes but after i use them i always clean my gear be it gun / knife / stove anything realy

the design is only surface scratches realy so any dirt can be wiped of

Edited by pauldr

P.

pedro

it's called filework or backwork, it can be done in all sorts of designs, vinework design is my favourite design :good:

here's a knife that's been 'pimped' by a really excellent maker, penillion (real name mik).

>>>filework<<<

very nice second knife there paul :good:

john :)