Dunkield

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Classic leggy.

Repot them or fill the pots up and bury the leggyness in soil. I have no idea if this is what Percy Thrower would recommend but it's what I do and it works.

Go for 1 plant per pot and use a much bigger pot (will save replanting). Use a minimum of a 6" pot.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, in the six days I was out of the office my seven surviving plants have doubled in size. I can't take credit for it though as the security guards have been watering them for me. Bless 'em.

Anyway, they have just had their first prune and the in-house/office expert on chillis has recommended that I think about re-potting some of them into their own pots. I'm now looking through the local gardening center's selection of pots with integrated water reservoir to see what they've got that's good. The only downside is making my office window look like a hedge. Ah well...

Oh yes, got loads of flowers on the way too and I've done a bit of pollinating on a couple of the existing ones, so I'm hopeful for some fruit appearing at some point soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok mine are now out in the warm sunshine, How long before I see some flowers? 11weeks old. :look: and 4-6inches high.

Puruvian Purple

F1 Apache

and oh dear these one should be VERY hot (I FORGOT TO MARK THEM) :yes:

Edited by leaseone

• 2 weeks later...

I think my local garden center had them in as seedlings. I'll have a look on sunday and see if they have seeds of the same.

By the way, I now have loads of fruit appearing on my indoor plants and they are turning purple on the sunny side. Unfortunately, the ****ty compost I got from scums was not sterilised, so the office is having a problem with small flies at the moment. Killed 50 of the little ******* this morning and I'm going to be breaking out the fly paper over the weekend for them.

The home plant (living outdoors because it's 'ard) has just a couple of smaller fruits, but with more buds on the way. It's also quite leggy, but I might solve that tonight.

I do but you have missed the boat this year, and if you are growing next year then don't bother getting seeds now and having to keep / store them.

You could get away maybe with a couple in doors on the window cill.

I have only done 2 plants this year and those were given to me.

I had a monster cropping plant last year and I cut it back at winter and it's now back and flowering.

Going back to the feeding advice....a friend of mine from up north that shall remain nameless....some time ago he fed his mums tomatoes with dope growing food when she was on hoiliday...its called 'COCO'S A and B'....(2 seperate bottles)......he reckons his mums tommies were massive.....maybe it would have the same effect on chilli's.....its about £14 for the 2 bottles but id imagine it would last you ages....i think its organic to...(the organic bit might not be a fact)...my chilli's are in the garden at the mo....not very high but looking very healthy.......

UPDATE - My plants are 5-6 inch high and one has a couple of side shoots coming off it and a small flower bud :yes:

Sooo, should I feed yet or await the bud opening ??

i start feeding once the flower as died off and the fruit as set :yes: