My Jack Russell Terriers

Santlache

Thank you for all your kind comments.

Top picture from left to right:

Monty

Belle

Tilly

Blanche

None are for sale I'm afraid, however, I'll be having a litter out of Belle next year and will also put Monty over Tilly again next year as well.

Monty, Belle and Tilly have all won classes at the Jack Russell Terrier Club of GB National Show over the last three years.

Monty has won Champion Working Terrier eight times, Tilly has won five championships and Belle and Blanche both won several Puppy Championships.

I'll let you all know when I have the next litter.

Cheers

Michael

Thanks, Stirky.

At a working terrier show you can guarantee whenever one of those short legged 'Queen Anne' types comes into the ring, with both ears sticking up and it's body three times the length of it's legs, that's the one which will try and sink it's teeth into you. :good:

They are not genuine JRT's anyway, a proper Russell's body length must be in proportion to the height, and it should present a compact, balanced image, always being in solid, hard condition.

Cheers

Michael

It's only illegal if you get caught Michael :good:

LB

Indeed, but one could never advocate breaking the Law :lol:

However, I can't see many settling down in front of the fire all day and putting up with a walk in the park on a lead, just because some misguided idiot politicians decide it is now illegal to hunt with dogs.

Saying that, I've no doubt you've successfully trained your Lurchers to tell the difference between a Hare and a Rabbit :lol:

Cheers

Michael

It's only illegal if you get caught Michael :yes:

LB

Indeed, but one could never advocate breaking the Law :lol:

However, I can't see many settling down in front of the fire all day and putting up with a walk in the park on a lead, just because some misguided idiot politicians decide it is now illegal to hunt with dogs.

Saying that, I've no doubt you've successfully trained your Lurchers to tell the difference between a Hare and a Rabbit :good:

Cheers

Michael

No I haven't as I have serious difficulty telling them apart :lol:

With you on misguided idiots but I would have used stronger words.

LB

I should have explained this earlier, the reason we hunted on this occasion with so many terriers is that the land was nearly all reclaimed land down in Sussex. There are very few earths and the foxes mainly went into drainage pipes in the ditches on the side of the fields, or in the rushes. So for this reason alone we used the terriers in a pack to work the hedgerows and rushes.

On this occasion we bolted one and missed it with the rifle, the other seen in the photos was a vixen which was completely caught off her guard sleeping in the rushes. Once dispatched she was then left for the DEFRA chap to come and pick up for their studies on the fox population.

It always has to be an early start with so many dogs so as to avoid any dog walkers who come out at dawn, as with the terriers on full hunt mode if a strange dog snapped or kicked off all the terriers would pile in on it. Although saying that whenever I've hunted with numbers like this they always been as good as gold between them and I've never had to separate any.

The hunt on this occasion finished at a barn, where we let the dogs do some ratting until one got stuck between two metal sheets and we had to move bails and bails of hay to get her out.

I always enjoy hunting with a pack like this, it's really great fun watching the dogs work and it also beats digging at an earth for half a day, I'm getting too old for that sort of thing :lol:

Cheers

Michael

Thanks for your comments, Paul

Monty and Tilly have both worked below ground, pre-ban of course.

Monty is a bayer and will stand back on Charlie, so is Tilly to a certain point but she's a bit harder and has quite often tried to mix it in the past. Belle and Blanche I've only used for bushing although Belle has gone to ground but not worked a Fox.

Cheers

Michael