gun cammo

cooke103

do you think cammo on guns is a good idea  

54 members have voted

1. 1. do you think cammo on guns is a good idea

• yes
    • no

All depends what and where your shooting, I use a camo Benelli and think it makes a difference to my bag. I never used to think it did have any effect untill I was standing in a line of guns and looked down the line to see lots of shiny sparkling barrels and if I can see it so can the quarry.

I wouldn't apply cammo tape, paint or anything similar to a decent gun, nor would I buy a gun that had a cammo finish.

The reason is that I don't need one.

When I'm in a pigeon hide, no pigeons see my barrels until its too late.

I would not take a cammo'ed gun game shooting, not only as its against tradition and no Syndicate I have ever belonged to would permit it, but its also unnecessary.

If I had to sit out in the open and appear invisible, then I would cammo everything,

including the gun.

But, I don't have to do that. :lol:

It amuses me when people have cammo'ed guns and their big white faces showing. :lol:

I was visiting my gran is hospital and out of the window I could see two guys decoying pigeons, well I couldn't really see them as they where hidden behind the netting but there guns where visible 3 MILES away from me. The guns where flashing like luke skywalkers light saber and if I could see that then the pigeons surely could. I didn't see them fire a shot.

Keep your gun still/hidden like your face.

Ive seen these camo sleeves that you can cover the gun with, they seem very good as they help to protect the gun, and can then be removed for a day on the pheasants.

Anyone got one, and do they ever get caught up when closing the barrels?

The PM

They are OK PM, and as you say, you can remove them to reduce ridicule or the annoyance of others.

Its perfect for standing at the edge of woods when the birds go to roost.

LB+

From my observations in the field pigeons eye sight is not briliant but they detect movement at 1000 paces if you are in a darkend background and you are wearing dark clothes and stay still they dont seem to notice I have found.

If as soon as you see em you throw the gun in to the sholder like a mad man they vear off to safety.

Just my observations

Dave

yeh if you keep still its ok. i pull my gun up at the last moment to shoot and have been told to shoot as soon as the gun touches your shoulder. its painfull if your to quick :o

did you see that thing in sporting shooter a few months back about pigeons cant see red ? a bit farfetched if you ask me.

jake