Great shot to take down a deer

Don't you just lurve the Internet for giving total **** heads the opportunity to big up themselves. Anyone seeing that who's not into shooting/fieldsports will just find more anti ammo. It's the same as seeing what goes on in an abattoir on tv, it ALWAYS gets bad press as people (general public) don't want to face the reality of where their food comes from. :hmm:

Maybe the shot does look OK...to those that know about deerstalking.

BUT to the bunny hugger/anti etc, it will look like "another poor deer that was wounded and ran around in pain until it died."

As Highlander says...a ******** trying to big himself up by posting this on the internet

without thinking of who may view it.

• 1 month later...

I have never met a REAL stalker , who would take a 240 yard neck shot !!!!!

The skill is getting close enough so you dont have to take dodgy shots .

Plus the fact that clients are always instructed to take heart lung shots .Regardless of their shooting ability ,you need to get them as close as possible .

I have never met a REAL stalker , who would take a 240 yard neck shot !!!!!

The skill is getting close enough so you don't have to take dodgy shots .

Plus the fact that clients are always instructed to take heart lung shots .Regardless of their shooting ability ,you need to get them as close as possible .

i CANT UNDERSTAND YOUR POST THAT WAS HEART LUNG SHOT AND CERTAINLY NOT AT RANGE. That is as good as it gets in stalking and the skill is in getting close eg stalking deer shooting is for the *********

If you look back ,you will see someone saying "ITS NOT EVEN A 160 OR 240 NECK SHOT", implying that a 160/240 neck shot would be a better shot .

What I was trying to say ,Is that the stalker with the client in the video did his job perfectly well !

To let someone take that shot from the other side of the field as a neckshot at 160/240 would be irresponsible .

I was supporting the fact that it was the right shot in the right place at the right time .

While we are on the subject of people posting things to pee off antis, how about the pictures that come up on here of hundreds of woodies in a pile?

Lets not have double standards. We enjoy shooting be it targets, vermin, or game/deer. In the case of the last two, things die. End of. The antis know it happens, we know it happens.

Joe public generally doesn't care cos he has more important things to worry about.

Edited by rarms

Thats what happens when you shoot a deer . It was running on andrenalen and they will do this most times you shoot one . It was a well placed bullet (although may be a tad to far back ) that did the job . The only way they will go down and not run on is if the bullet is placed in the central nervous system ,the neck or the spine . Harnser .

Thats what happens when you shoot a deer . It was running on andrenalen and they will do this most times you shoot one . It was a well placed bullet (although may be a tad to far back ) that did the job . The only way they will go down and not run on is if the bullet is placed in the central nervous system ,the neck or the spine . Harnser .

I've seen a red stag hit in the heart/lung area and gone down on the spot.

I think that was a good clip. I've stopped worrying about the inti brigade seeing things like this because they're ill informed and will hate us whether they see it or not. It was a good shot, reloaded quickly in case he needed to fire again, and it did the job well. The general public should see more of this IMO, that way maybe they could be educated back a few years to when they knew more about this kind of thing. If you understand it you accept it, it's when we try to hide it from people that they think we're doing something dodgy!

I've never met anyone that wont sit and listen to me when we have a conversation about shooting animals. Very often they look at you like you're a nutter when you first bring it up but once they get given the details they come around to your way of thinking.

I like to use the Scottish hill as an example. I tell people that stalkers go out and take a cull number that has been carefully planned year after year, to ensure the wellbeing of the rest of the herd. If some were not shot, some of them would probably starve anyway when winter comes. Shooting the excess allows the rest to stay healthy on the limited food available and make a better herd next year. Not many people will fight back and say that the Deer should be left to starve naturally, because they understand that shooting them reduces overall suffering and also brings in organic free range meat which has had a happy life :lol:

• 3 weeks later...