SCG application

GJUK

*head in hands*.

I love out postal service in the UK. It's ****.

I sent my application on the 6/11 via special delivery and having phoned royal fail, they can see nothing on the system to say its even with them.

So, I'm tempted to contact the police HQ to see if they have received it. Do you recon this is a good idea or shoul I wait?

:good:

that sucks dude. mine didn't get lost in the mail but the licensing office did 'mislay' it for a few weeks. Finally got my certificate yesterday... 16 weeks later. It's all fun and games eh?! Anyway, reapply and keep an eye on things - don't be afraid to call them up, after all you've paid for a service and you are a customer. I called every week to check on progress and they don't mind - just keep it polite, no matter how frustrated you get, and believe me after 16 weeks I was starting to lose my patience! Good luck with it mate, it'll be worth the wait.

cheers

SL

Bad news for you regarding royal snail mail, :good: consider taking the next one personally and hand deliver it,sent mine recorded delivery.from start to finish three weeks.

specail delivery can you make a claim for loss via royal mail,if you can at least it might cover some costs?

Best of luck

Just a note about sending stuff recorded, I send quite a number of documents out by recorded delivery, I would say that a good 30% of them are not recorded as delivered, even though I know the addressee has received and signed for them. “Recorded delivery goes with the normal mail and is only track-able when it has been delivered!†quote from the Fail Mail (or is it Royal Fail) customer services.

I have had a number of documents sent to me recorded delivery that have simply been pushed through my letterbox!! Good for me but not so good for the sender who has paid for a service they are not getting.

Did you send it "recorded" or "special".

Recorded is not actually recorded and often gets lost.

Special however is supposed to be fully tracked although stuff doesn't get uploaded to the system until it is delivered or returned to the sorting office. Essentially it's not supposed to be capable of being "lost".

Told by the FEO that it was best to send renewals in by Recorded/Special delivery, up to me, just to make sure they get it, don't want it to fall into the wrong hands...bla bla bla.

But when you get your license back from HQ's from them, it's sent 2nd class, & the letter has a transparent window on the envelope, you know what it is before you open it.

It was sent by Royal Fail, Special delivery before 9am. Their best, most expensive postal service.

This is a 'sign for' service which they provide and for the money should be handed over, on a red carpet by a football star.

Mine took 6 days to get there and never even registered on roayl mails own trackign system.

Anyway they've got it now, I've known for a while our postal service is ****.

I always send everything to firearms dept via recorded delivery.

That way it fulfils a condition that I inform the chief constable in writing within 7 days. Apparently if it is not recorded it doesn't count.

I always address everything to the chief constable, perhaps that's why things only take a week round here? :lol:

Told by the FEO that it was best to send renewals in by Recorded/Special delivery, up to me, just to make sure they get it, don't want it to fall into the wrong hands...bla bla bla.

But when you get your license back from HQ's from them, it's sent 2nd class, & the letter has a transparent window on the envelope, you know what it is before you open it.

This has always puzzled me aswell! After a variation my FAC once came back in an open envelope, the sticky had never been moistened so the postie could have had a good old look! Fortunately i know him but its still not good! :hmm: I always hand deliever my gun related stuff if it includes my FAC/SGC and get a chitty from the receptionist i give it to.

Mark

Did you send it "recorded" or "special".

Recorded is not actually recorded and often gets lost.

Special however is supposed to be fully tracked although stuff doesn't get uploaded to the system until it is delivered or returned to the sorting office. Essentially it's not supposed to be capable of being "lost".

being in the industry so to speak I can confirm all tracking does is tell you where it was last seen before it got lost :hmm:

Special also gets delivered by the usual postie just he gets a signature for it and it goes through a separate sortation system. They play up the insurance and this that and the other but in reality its always a nightmare to make a claim or get any information if its lost as they are simply too big. If it was as good as they make out the entire courier industry wouldn't exist. I've got so many customers out of trouble after they lost their legal docs that its ridiculous but where they win is cost.

When my renewals up i always deliver it by hand as its so much simpler, but having said that they did try and tell me they hadn't recieved my last one. So I passed on the signature and number of the sergeant who signed it and surprise surprise they managed to find it

With Special Delivery, if the item is not delivered by the time specified on your receipt, you are entitled to claim the full amount of postage (i.e. £4 in your case) back from the PO.

I don't know where the diversion about Recorded Delivery came from. The tracking and signed-for system is identical to Special Delivery but Special Delivery has the added advtage of full compensation if it is not delivered and signed for by the specified time (usually either 9.00am or 1.00pm the following day).