VAT goes down

monkeyjaimz

VAT cut is just to increase employment, just think of all those little shops that hand label all their prices, they've got to alter every single one.

No they don't, they'll just change the base price so the end result stays the same.

Nial.

VAT cut is just to increase employment, just think of all those little shops that hand label all their prices, they've got to alter every single one.

Its th restaurants I pity, look at the cost of having to reprint all the menus and display boards. And all to save £2.12 in a £100. Labour really do need lynching now. All this debt isn't good, Brussels gets more and more now, local councils are to suffer the hand of the EU, meaning Council Tax rises! £56Bn a year to be in it, I know what I would cut, after Brown that is!!!

Its th restaurants I pity, look at the cost of having to reprint all the menus and display boards. And all to save £2.12 in a £100. Labour really do need lynching now. All this debt isn't good, Brussels gets more and more now, local councils are to suffer the hand of the EU, meaning Council Tax rises! £56Bn a year to be in it, I know what I would cut, after Brown that is!!!

either that or they just leave them as they are and change the underlying systems so they make the 2.5% as extra profit. Fundamentally it won't make much difference to business as they just claim VAT back but it may make things slightly cheaper for the end consumer. It is a concerning state rolling up the problems into the future and we'll be paying for it for years.

either that or they just leave them as they are and change the underlying systems so they make the 2.5% as extra profit.

I suspect that is what will happen in a large number of cases, just as the banks in the past haven't always passed on interest rate cuts to their customers,

there is no reason why shop keepers etc have to pass on the 2.5% VAT cut to their customers.

So yet again this government have stuffed us.

Where do these imbeciles that some other imbeciles voted into authority get their ideas from...I’m no economist but do they honestly think a 2.5% decrease in VAT is going to do anything to help stimulate the economy whether retailers decrease prices or not. Just when fuel prices stated to fall (a bit) AD puts MORE b***** tax on it AND you can bet that when he takes off these little ‘incentives’ in a year or two’s time some of the taxes will have become permanent. The banks (that you and I have and will be bailing out for years to come) don’t want to lend us money, mortgages are going to become as rare as hens teeth and who’s got the cash to buy a new vehicle?

Labour governments have always spent, spent and over spent and this one is no exception. Has anyone bothered to ask what GB and his cronies have done with all the money North Sea oil raised for this country, all the money our increase taxes have raised, all the money the thieving ******* robbed from our pensions, where’s it all gone? To be wasted and squandered during the good years so there’s none left now we really need it.

Christmas a bunch of secondary school kids could do a better job of handling the economy.

So yet again this government have stuffed us.

Where do these imbeciles that some other imbeciles voted into authority get their ideas from...I’m no economist but do they honestly think a 2.5% decrease in VAT is going to do anything to help stimulate the economy whether retailers decrease prices or not. Just when fuel prices stated to fall (a bit) AD puts MORE b***** tax on it AND you can bet that when he takes off these little ‘incentives’ in a year or two’s time some of the taxes will have become permanent. The banks (that you and I have and will be bailing out for years to come) don’t want to lend us money, mortgages are going to become as rare as hens teeth and who’s got the cash to buy a new vehicle?

Labour governments have always spent, spent and over spent and this one is no exception. Has anyone bothered to ask what GB and his cronies have done with all the money North Sea oil raised for this country, all the money our increase taxes have raised, all the money the thieving ******* robbed from our pensions, where’s it all gone? To be wasted and squandered during the good years so there’s none left now we really need it.

Christmas a bunch of secondary school kids could do a better job of handling the economy.

its all been spent propping up the EU and housing immigrants and lazy lay abouts, once again middle England stuffed, if you have worked and earnt they will take it off you and give it to someone else who could not be bothered to work or try harder to support them selves

is my name on the BNP list if not it soon will be :angry:

Edited by pavman

sorry to hear that noel what do you do by way of work/trade thats falling off?

beleave it or not pest control .i have my monthly contacts but as for new work it is nil local lad to me went under 2 mths ago another has changed his route of work ? the lad that went under has moved to scotland edinburgh to set up again ? drastic a lot of peole are trying to do it thereselfs loads of equirey's as to what they can do what can i do but give out advise. hard times ahead

have you got yourself on yell.com as thats pretty reasonable and certainly generates us plenty of work for the amount we pay for it. If you couple it with a simple website then so much the better. Sadly you can't sit back these days and wait for work to come to you you have to go out and get it or go bust. Perple and businesses won't just stop having pests dealt with

Fuel duty is being increased on Monday to cancel out the fall in VAT from 17.5% to 15%. However with any budget associated with Brown, the devil is in the detail. In April 2009 they are putting fuel duty up AGAIN. Come budget time in 2009 VAT will be probably put back up to 17.5%, along with another increase in fuel duty, a fair old increase in 13 months :angry: Just wait till taxes get whacked up to pay for all this borrowing!! :lol: